Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Newbie from Uk

Hi everyone, I'm Pete from England and I'm here to try and gain some advice/tips etc on my current project. This year I restored a 1977 honda cb550f and now that's finished I've acquired a 1980 honda cb125t2. The thing is, I did the 550 so it would look like it should look or how honda meant it to look. With the 125 i want to make it a bit more unique, possibly cafe racer style. anyway, when i got the bike it was in pieces and had been on a pallet on someones driveway for the past 15-20 years. the good old British weather had done its worst and when i went to collect it, there was so much rust i thought the bike was brown.
so after a month the brown stuff has been removed and im building it back up and its taking shape. Unfortunately, it came with the engine missing and the owner had no idea what had happenned to it.
Im thinking of putting a Chinese engine in it, maybe a lifan or similar. Lifan do actually make a cb125t replica engine but when i emailed them they said the minimum order was 50 units and they wouldnt sell me just 1 engine.
My question is, does anyone know where i can purchase a new or used 125 twin engine or even a cb175 or cb200, i could make those fit. Im really struggling to find one over here
Thanks......Pete

Old 09-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #2

Welcome to here. I am surprised with the multitude of recent 125cc Chinese learner bikes (besides the numerous choices of the 'name brand' bikes) you guys have and have had, such as from TMEC or Keeway, they are not showing up in the wrecking yards? UK EBAY is showing predominantly horizontal 125cc engines under 'spares' so for some reason there seems to be a shortage. You will probably have to check other places.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #3

Look around... it's in somewhere nearby
Fake twin like these https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...42.FF1mIJyTt8k are easy to fit. Most of that CM125 style bike are originated from Guangdong which can survive in UK's salty environment for some yrs ...
Twin: the Real deal > Jialing (they used had a JV w/ Honda, late yr CB125T are made there) > lifan > ajs (regal raptor)/ Jinlun Texan

Last edited by humanbeing; 09-10-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:10 AM   #4

If there are no pictures - it didn't happen

Tags
cb125t, honda cb125t