Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #1

The Benelli TNT 135 has arrived!

Shipping company said early afternoon. It came at 5:45pm, 15 minutes before I had to leave for my bowling league. I got home around 9:15pm and started taking it out of the crate. I've got it uncrated and unwrapped. My garage is cramped and my dog was trying to help. I'll try to get out of work today and assemble. My initial thoughts are that the bike looks sturdy, the front forks are beefy. It's a great looking bike. It definitely looks well made. I'll get pictures up later. I don't remember if I have a metric allen wrench for the handlebar clamp, this is my only road block. Woods Addict Cycles sent all the paperwork with the bike so I can go to DMV today and get plates. Insurance is paid for. I'm almost there.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #2

Grin

Got the bike all put together. No issues. After checking the fluids, I turned the key and hit the starter. You would have thought the bike had been running 5 minutes ago. Instant start. Zipped over to NJ Motor Vehicle. Paperwork went smooth except near the end, she looks for the bike in the data base and doesn't see it listed as street legal or whatever. She asks me if it is a moped, scooter or street bike. I say street bike. She goes for a supervisor, I'm thinking I'm effed now. After looking through lots of stapled together lists with the supervisor, she says everything is fine, makes me pay, gives me a title and the plate and I'm off.

I get home and screw the plate on with left over hardware from the shipping cage. Hit start, and it starts raining again. I went around the block.

The bike is sturdy. I weigh about 190 and the suspension is firm. I easily hit 50 (on a 25 mph street). The bike redlines at 11000 and I'm shifting low (5000) while in the break in period. Like most engines today, this thing probably develops most of it's power when the revs are up. I'll find out soon enough. Compared to my 1000cc bike, this is geared so much lower and you have to shift more, I have to adjust to that. Looks like the rain stopped. I'm going for another ride.

This bike has really nice hardware and lots of details. It's a lot of bike for what it cost.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

Post the pictures!!!

Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Post the pictures!!!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
Post pics!

Old 05-23-2018, 02:01 AM   #6

Indeed, pictures or it didn't happen!

Old 07-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #7

I still didn't get around to the pictures. I have 250 miles on the bike. It's freaking great. Every where I go people check it out and ask about it. I've done 65 on it and it's got more room but I'm still under the break in period. Best thing about it is the quality. NO ISSUES. Fluids have sight glass type things so you can check in an instant. Brakes are great. I took a nice ride the other night, about 20 miles each way. Comfortable for the small size. Put my 18 year old on the back last night and drove all over. She had never been on a bike. I haven't come across a Grom or Kawasaki to kill yet but Im looking forward to it. I give this thing high marks. Its probably the most expensive china bike in it's class but I'm glad I splurged.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #8

Congrats on the new bike! Can you post a link of where you bought the bike from? I’m
looking at one. I like the FI and oil cooler. With a 12 month warranty they are well
made. Q- Did you put fresh oil in the bike? Don’t they come with “shipping oil.” Thanks for your info!