Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloverby View Post
Rode the Hawk into town today and got my state inspection done. I'm 100% road legal now.

Unfortunately the speedometer cable broke internally about 2 inches from the fitting at the wheel on the ride home at "52" (lets call them kilometers). Good thing I already have a digital speedometer on order.....

On the Plus side, when I got home I had a package in the mail from TXPowersports with a new lower shock bolt and nut, a complete ignition coil and wire assembly and a new rear brake light switch to replace the items that I found damaged upon uncrating the bike. So far I've had a positive experience with TXPowersports. I had emailed them about those items, followed by an email with photos of the damage and here it is just a few days later and the parts show up. Not sure if I should push my luck and ask for a new speedometer cable now......

Also did another oil change on the bike, pretty significant amount of metallic particles in it, which I was expecting.

Getting ready to install an IMS shifter and a 17tooth front sprocket that came in this week as well. Probably do the air box mod while I'm at it.

I'm determined to make this thing reliable, but you really do get what you pay for with this thing.
Rode mine for 600 km before the initial tune up and the oil was still honey colored and nothing in the screen. I figured it would be a gray color and I would find plenty of metal shavings like some jap bikes I've purchased new.