Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2021, 12:11 PM   #1

Exclamation getting an xpro titan and apollo db36 soon, shipped yesterday

So let me start off by saying I am 50, and my son is 19. We recently moved to Wyoming and are close to lots of public riding real estate. I could go get a japanese bike but I dont intend on punishing the bike(well maybe a lil, smile) and I really dont want to pay 7k plus for a bike so I looked into going with a dealer aval Kayo, but wtf, msrp 1999 and out the door price 3700??? yeah im gonna pass on those fees boys im good thanks. I was looking at used bikes but what I want either isnt coming aval or is 2/3 price of new and 15 or more years old. So what to do?
I grew up on used(junker xr, rm, yz, etc) and am quite able to tear down and rebuild a bike so I started looking at the chinese bikes. Years ago I bought a right way atv (chinese made) kid's 4 wheeler that ran for 10 plus years(yes I had to mod and repair stuff), but overall I definitely got my moneys worth out of it. I will be running the appolo, and my son is buying an xpro so we will compare them and I will be updating this periodically with mods(specific info such as the why, what part and where to get, and or any fabbed up stuff, or important maintenance needs), as well as issues etc.

So far, this forum has provided me with a lot of info as well as resources for these bikes and I am pretty excited to get started, and to contribute. Updates inc probably beginning with initial assembly in about 10 days to two weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xpro.jpg (177.2 KB, 686 views)
File Type: jpg Apollo-DB36-250_right_side.jpe.jpg (96.3 KB, 743 views)