Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2024, 07:24 PM   #1

Hello from North MS

I'm not new to bikes but I'm new to Chinese bikes. I've ordered an XPECT 200 which should ship this week sometime. I'm looking forward to it and fairly excited, I just don't really know what to expect from it other than better MPG than truck. I'm already planning to swap the front sprocket before the 1st ride.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:52 PM   #2

Welcome. I don't know the details of the XPECT 200.. I got my 2022 Hawk DLX used, so I missed out on the new purchase experience. I'm assuming some assembly required. What is already assembled will need looked over. If you're mechanically inclined, have an attention for details, and are maintenance minded, these can be pretty decent bikes.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 03-27-2024, 09:04 PM   #3

I just checked out the XPECT. Looks similar to my Hawk. I don't know about that 102mpg or 70mph top speed. That seems generous. I get 60mpg with a top speed of 65mph
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 04-06-2024, 05:21 AM   #4

Sorry it took so long to answer, I didn't know I had a reply. There's probably a notification option I didn't allow. I figured the top speed and mpg were a little generous but it's no big deal. There are tons of 2 lane backwood "highways" (the state calls them highways) where I live and I'm only a 20 minute ride from the Natchez Trace so I have plenty of road I can safely ride with a low top speed. I definitely have some mechanical ability, I love messing with stuff. The crate came in a couple of days ago but I won't have time to start on it until today sometime. I do know at a minimum it will need front wheel, front brakes, handlebars, controls, kickstand, shift lever and maybe foot brake pedal installed, valves checked and oil changed. I do already have a 17 tooth sprocket if I need it and loctite to go over everything.

Old 04-06-2024, 06:15 AM   #5

I enjoy putting these bikes together. They usually need rerouting and rearranging controls and control cables/wires. If you have a can of pure silicon lube, it's great for the throttle cable. And make sure the cable is routed with least bending possible.

The small nuts and bolts are the ones that fall out most often. Things like the nuts that hold on reflectors, tail light ass'y, etc. But definitely get blue loctite on things like caliper mounts as well. Check every single threaded thing you can find.

You got EFI so no carb rejetting, but you are right about the valves. Can't remember if it's pushrod or OHV. I think it's pushrod, so about .003" intake, .004-.005" exhaust clearances (+/- a thousanth). OHV clearances can be tighter (~.002" and .003", respectively.

I warm it up for a minute and drain the oil. But some folks drain and refill with good oil first, then change again by ~100 miles.

If you plan any significant amount of off road use, think about more knobbyish tires. Those dual sport tires will go sideways pretty easy.

You are in for some fun !

Old 04-06-2024, 08:32 PM   #6

I put it together and did some riding, not far until I get a tag and add it to insurance. I was very surprised. Granted it is 25 years newer than the honda xr200r I had almost 20 years ago I'd have to say it is better. It feels like it makes a lot more torque at a lower rpm but is also faster on the top end. My wife followed me in her toyota sienna and with the stock front sprocket my speedometer was showing 55 and hers was showing 57. I got it up to 59 once after about the 8th mile and based on the rpm it was at I think it may be able to hit 70 or close to it. I was surprised but happy to see that everything aside from the front axle was heavily greased and bolts were marked and torqued. I don't know if it came from China that way or if Venom Motorsports did it. The most time consuming parts of the whole thing were getting it out of the crate with no front wheel and finding bolts I somehow lost. I also couldn't find my drum brake pliers so it made the kickstand spring a pain.