Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #1

I left the Tank Motorcycle forum at Yahoo

Hey all...this is what I wrote today in the Tank Motorcycle forum at Yahoo:

"Well, gang, after being a part of this forum for over a year, I'm signing off.

I see no reason to continue being a part of this mess. Crooked companies and crooked dealers turn me off.

Fighting with people to get them do the right thing? Tired of it. Having to go through headache after headache to get parts, refunds, acknowledgment of phone calls and emails...why are we all going through this?

I've encountered TOO MANY unhappy customers AND dealers on this and several other forums. We are ALL in the same boat. No support and no body cares. Mike T helped me when I needed it, so some advice to Mike: find a new company to work for or sink with Tank. The customers you have will not be repeat customers.

I'm tired of fighting the good fight. Everyone has to fend for themselves. But, keep one thing in mind:Tank relies on YOU for it's business. You have complete control over that. Spread the word.

As for me, having to wait months and months for parts and having my bike unrideable for over 2 months, it's no longer worth it to me. I'm customizing my bike so, basically rebuilding it, so that I know it will be reliable and safe(as opposed to dying in traffic all the time while traveling at 60 mph). Void the warranty? Give me a break! I have NO doubt the warranty won't be honored anyway. You would be wise to do the same...or sell your bike and get a big name. You know, like one that actually offers parts and support.

Anyway, gang...it's been a blast....as in "bomb"." end of post.

I had to get out of there before I lost it. It was getting too ridiculous over there. The forum is run by a crook (the BBB confirmed it) and she was in it just for the quick loot.

I think that forum will die soon anyway. So many people have left due to the tremendous amount of BS.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
Hey dude..........
I cant say that I blame you one bit, Tank is a joke. I have been in contact with that Mike dude, but so far he hasnt been much help to me either.
I dont know what I am gonna do with it yet, heck if i could find a dealer who would take it towards a trade on another brand, I would consider it.
But hey, lets keep in touch here, the other boards is dead most of the time anyways.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarandy
Hey dude..........
I cant say that I blame you one bit, Tank is a joke. I have been in contact with that Mike dude, but so far he hasnt been much help to me either.
I dont know what I am gonna do with it yet, heck if i could find a dealer who would take it towards a trade on another brand, I would consider it.
But hey, lets keep in touch here, the other boards is dead most of the time anyways.

Man...that really sucks, Randy. Mike was the ONLY person at Tank I even SPOKE with. No one else will even answer the phone or emails. Anyway, hope you get a new bike, man. Put it up for sale and see if a mechanic will take it off your hands. Good luck, dude.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #4

I am in the L.A. area this week, but realistically (I never have much free time between my family and my in-laws) probably won't be able to get to El Monte to personally talk to anyone. One of these trips, maybe, and I still can't write off this week (maybe some hope...) but I would be curious to see their operation, and see why they can't fix their bikes for their customers.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #5

Olds, I went over to the Tank group and saw the responses to you. Marlone Harris of Bataycam has offered a good deal to you, as well as a classic response/put down to Tina on your behalf as a bonus!

He acknowledged the problem with a cam to the guy who recently posted a put-down of his company here, and offered to send you the part, and you don't have to pay him till after you receive it. Sounds too good to be true, but as long as you don't have to give him credit card info until after the part comes...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #6

Hey, culcune...I saw that response, too. What they don't understand is...I already have the parts! Took me almost a year just to get 2 freaking parts! Trust me, I don't need anything from (S)Tank anymore. When I'm done with my bike, it won't even be recognized as a (S)Tank anymore! So, I'm done with them and that crooked forum!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #7

Stank, that's funny (more harsh than Bruce and 'Yank'). I still think of them as 'Tanked.' You have to admit, Bataycan ripped on Tina pretty good!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #8

Oh, yeah. Tina deserved it. Her record on the Better Business Bureau is in the toilet. It looks like she rips people off, gets shut down, then re-opens the business somewhere else. What a scam. I REALLY feel sorry for ANYONE who is unfortunate enough to do business with her. I can't BELIEVE the crap PanamaRandy is going through with her...or FijiSteve. Man..those guys need to sue and I would GLADLY back them up.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #9

Hey I was just over there, man there is a lot of ripping going on.. The thing is when she speaks about someone never doing any real business with her, well I did for well over 2 grand. so that game wont work with me. I only hope i can get those parts I need, will give it another day or two before i get on the horn again with her.
But that mike guy at tank really didnt give me any help, he just passed me off to someone else.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #10

O, and by the way, if i have to resort to taking it to a dealer and paying 90 bucks an hour to get it looked at, I will consider very strongly getting rid of it and getting another, which is a shame since its got less than 2000 miles and the motors great..

Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #11

Man, Randy. Hey, do you know other people who ride? Maybe they are very knowledgeable with bikes or know someone. Maybe they can take a look at your bike and save you some cash. You could also haul it over to a bike dealer and use it see what they will give you.

As far as the yahoo forum, I quit. So, I don't even know what's going on since I quit. But, I bet it ain't pretty! hahhahaha!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #12

yea, if i cant get what i want i will be doing some heav-ho over there too.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #13

I signed up a while back and left today. I looked at there member list and it dropped by 5 just today.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #14

I think I'll quit out of principle!! Bruce, you put Tina in her place a while ago here (I think it was here). I wish that on one of the trips to the L.A. area, I can stop by and give them a hard time (Tank).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #15

Hey, culcune...we should ALL go and throw the parts that are falling off our bikes at them!

How's things going with you, Bruce?