Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #10

The TMEC, as far as the ones through Excalibur, are 49 state legal (Californians need not apply). Then again, TMEC is the one who put the bikes through the certification process, so I am certain these are 49 state compliant, too, even through a mystery importer/distributor*. But, that being said, if a dealer does not give you the correct paperwork, most likely being a deal through "the mail" it causes all kinds of headaches, etc. If Pennsylvania likes its ducks in a row, perhaps that is their hint for buying from an instate dealer--it screws you, the consumer, and shouldn't, because as far as I understand, you will have to pay sales taxes and registration fees through Penn. anyway. I seem to recall people having issues through Penn (a couple other states, too) because they seemed arrogant when it came to the MSO or MCO. I have seen the EPA certification for 2013 on the EPA site for dozens of bikes, including, TMEC, and the list it is on is for bikes seeking on-road certification.

*I showed Wade Liu of Excalibur the link to this outfit, and he does not believe these guys are the source of these bikes. He told me that he knows the guy in the video personally (probably from meeting up at all the bike trade shows, including the big Indianapolis show).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard