Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #1

Hawk250 and Quadcopter Hubsan501s

Took the Hawk and the quadcopter out for a short trip. Its getting close to triple digits of heat in the west. Will be too hot for long rides. WARNING! this video may put you to sleep. I got sleepy just from watching it. The bike is running good! I tried the 115 jet, 22.5 pilot and the needle on full rich setting. My last ride to the hills proved I was too rich and got worse with elevation. I dropped my jet to 110, pilot back to 20 and left the needle at full rich on the clip. Home base 1,000 foot elevation. Bike runs way better!. No more changes to that. Mods, removed cat, installed K&N filter, VM26 carb.

The Hubsan quadcopter 501S follows ok even at 15mph. Haven't gone faster than that yet. Even if I did, it would catch up as long as I'm still in transmitter/receiver range when I would slow down. Now, if I can put a message in the bottle so to speak so when I need help I can send the quadcopter out for emergency assistance! They do offer a model with flight plan now. So, that may be possible! Just think, you could send the copter back to the house to tell someone to come get Ya! Battery flight time no problem for 15 min. I pushed it to 18. At that point it just wants to gradually loose altitude. I can still make it go up, but better to land. It will try and land itself before complete battery drain beyond safe levels. If loss of signal of receiver to transmitter, copter will go back to GPS start point. If it can't make it back to that location due to battery, it will land safely before that. I haven't tried that yet. Which would be bad, cause if I'm not looking, it could possibly land sight unseen and it would be like finding an Easter egg on Easter. Follow me mode doesn't compensate for altitude change. So, I have to stop and adjust its position. For a 1,000 bucks you can get one to auto adjust. My Hubsan was 225.00 shipped from the US Hubsan website.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55.jpg (20.6 KB, 416 views)

Last edited by Musictrek; 04-23-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Tags
hawk, hawk250, hubsan501s, quadcopter