Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2024, 05:30 PM   #1

I love my Xpro Titan DLX

Hello everyone. I'm new to forums and riding in general. I bought an Xpro Titan DLX about a year ago to do some trail riding and hit some back roads. I only have about 1200 miles on so far and I'm hooked. I have done a few minor mods and love to tinker. So far this bike has exceeded my expectations and I'm looking forward to use it as a daily commuter now.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:42 PM   #2

Welcome. I have a similar origin story, only got my Hawk DLX lightly used. Lots of great info here.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 03-25-2024, 03:52 PM   #3

I loved mine as well.. until the rear wheel fell off while riding and the front wheel bearings crunched up.. but then i remedied both issues.. replaced wheel bearings with better ones found online and drilled the axles for cotter pins.. then i loved her again... UNTIL... the Templar X started making it rounds, then i needed that 6th gear

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 03-26-2024, 07:59 PM   #4

Grin

I had a hard time choosing between the tbr7, titan dlx and the templar. I like them all for different reasons. I settled on the titan because it looked to be decent quality and lighter than the templar. I should have got the templar. So far I've installed DID xring chain, JT sprockets (dropped three teeth on the back sprocket), pwk style 30mm carb (had to modify intake because I couldn't by one that fit right), adjustable cdi box, deleted cat and crank case breather, header wrap, acerbis handguards, endbar mirrors, and my favorite mod, an ammo can storage box bolted to the back fender. Oh yeah and my crank case vent tube is now my automatic chain oiler.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjoemechanic View Post
I had a hard time choosing between the tbr7, titan dlx and the templar. I like them all for different reasons. I settled on the titan because it looked to be decent quality and lighter than the templar. I should have got the templar. So far I've installed DID xring chain, JT sprockets (dropped three teeth on the back sprocket), pwk style 30mm carb (had to modify intake because I couldn't by one that fit right), adjustable cdi box, deleted cat and crank case breather, header wrap, acerbis handguards, endbar mirrors, and my favorite mod, an ammo can storage box bolted to the back fender. Oh yeah and my crank case vent tube is now my automatic chain oiler.
OK. Apparently you ARE joemechanic !! Lots of work there. Nice work. How about some pics ??

Old 03-26-2024, 11:14 PM   #6

anticipating my TM-33 tomorrow, plan to start with all the nut/bolt loctiting and torquing, bearing & linkage greasing, sag setting carb jetting and overall adjustments. Look forward to learning & sharing my tweaks.

Old 03-30-2024, 12:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
OK. Apparently you ARE joemechanic !! Lots of work there. Nice work. How about some pics ??
Thanks! I will try to take some pictures soon and post them.

Old 03-30-2024, 12:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyt View Post
anticipating my TM-33 tomorrow, plan to start with all the nut/bolt loctiting and torquing, bearing & linkage greasing, sag setting carb jetting and overall adjustments. Look forward to learning & sharing my tweaks.
I'm looking forward to hearing about it. I used black RTV in place of locktite on alot of my bolts and it seems to work pretty good. Haha I'm not saying that im suggesting it though. I just misplaced my blue loctite durring assembly.

Old 03-30-2024, 01:17 PM   #9

I plan on more mods this winter. But I'm up to about 150hp at least with all these stickers. On a serious note I appreciate all the warm replies from everyone. Hopefully in a couple of months or so I can surprise my oldest son with a 150 storm. Right now he has been riding a 70cc pitbike that buddy of mine pulled from a trash pile. We spent months fixing it up for him. He is getting to big for it now. I also have a 1971 honda trail 70 I'm working on restoring for my youngest son. It's a slow go right now but I'm going to post the build when I get it done. When i was a kid i worked all summer for it and never got to ride it because nobody would help me fix it up. I brought it home last year during a family trip and i supprised my parents had kept it all these years. Anyway I may actually post the build from the pit bike too at some point if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240330_111210.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	31110   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240330_111230.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	31111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240330_111307.jpg
Views:	38