Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #1

Man....I guess I'm lucky.

I really have to take a step back and realize how well I have it with my CB guy.

Getting into the CB world is always a huge risk. Bike quality questions, parts availability, heck.....just hoping your CB guy will stay in business and not be run out by constant warranty work or product supply problems!

Enter my guy. Doug Stabler of ATV Wholesale Outlet. He's got a double wide rent-a-shop in an industrial part of town here in Sac. Not fancy but....

1- He's not out of my way between work and my house. Convenient.
2- He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met and loves to spend time with his clients.
3- He moves product like crazy so even in this 'bad' economy, he's doing just fine.
4- So far.....he's had everything I've asked for concerning parts for all 3 of my CB's including Uni filters, a 17 tooth countershaft sprocket, spark plugs, oil, helmets and now a new CDI.
5- He spends about a month a year in China doing business and making contacts. He's involved with it and not just pedaling metal.
6- He loves to tinker and wrench also and has his own machine shop and machinist.

Heck.....I just went by there on my way home with my 'possible bad' CDI for my X-Moto. Being a leftover '07, I was highly doubting that it would be under any kind of warranty and was more than prepared to buy one....if he had one.
I was there an entire 5 minutes! He dropped what he was doing wneh I got there and tested my CDI on his little testing machine, bad. Grabs a new one. Tests it. Good. Tosses it to me. "Have a great holiday weekend, Bill!", he tells me.

I guess I really have to be thankful for having him as a dealer.
I've had a harder time getting Yamaha parts from a major dealer here!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #2

Excellent report.

Hopefully some California natives will read this and provide more business to the fellow.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #3

That's amazing service! The local Honda guy acts like he's doing me a favour by opening the shop. He treats me fairly, but it's not fair to say that he enjoys spending time with customers, it's more like he's preparing to suffer fools.

Doug knows what it takes to keep you happy. He also knows that you'll likely buy more bikes from him and tell your friends if he treats you right.

Do you know anything about his CDI testing procedure? I'd like to learn that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That's amazing service! The local Honda guy acts like he's doing me a favour by opening the shop. He treats me fairly, but it's not fair to say that he enjoys spending time with customers, it's more like he's preparing to suffer fools.

Doug knows what it takes to keep you happy. He also knows that you'll likely buy more bikes from him and tell your friends if he treats you right.

Do you know anything about his CDI testing procedure? I'd like to learn that.
Actually, WAG, he has a cool little unit right on the counter in his office that has a station for probably....guessing.....10? different CDI units to be plugged directly in to! I was amazed! He stabbed it on the "like" connector pattern, hit a button and "Nope....it's no good". Then he grabbed a new one....plugged it on and hit the button and the screen started zapping like crazy. I'm going there this weekend some time. I'll get some pics.....mainly because he just got in these 3 wheeled street 250's just last week, I want to get pics of and post! This thing is COOL! Has a reverse and everything!
Anyway....I know this is posted somewhere else here for a possible parts supplier.....but this is Doug's website. He doesn't have it upgraded often but it brings him tons of business....even from Nevada. His phone is ALWAYS ringing.
http://www.atvwholesaleoutlet.com/

Edit! Heck! I just see he already posted the 3 wheelers! Guess I don't have to take pics! Check out the slideshow section. It has one of his many trips to China to different factories.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 AM   #5

Scooters look pretty neat for sure!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #6

Indeed, you are a lucky man to find such a service-oriented dealer! Thank you for the good report, 2LZ.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894