Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 04-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #151

Droping the motor would make things way easier. But you can also try disconnecting everything, including the subframe from it's top mounting to the main frame and the swingarm axle from the engine, and pivoting it, with the engine still attached, to the front/down. You -may- get enough space on top to remove the valve cover, head, and cylinder. Haven't tryied though, and my own kit is a couple months in the future.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Droping the motor would make things way easier. But you can also try disconnecting everything, including the subframe from it's top mounting to the main frame and the swingarm axle from the engine, and pivoting it, with the engine still attached, to the front/down. You -may- get enough space on top to remove the valve cover, head, and cylinder. Haven't tryied though, and my own kit is a couple months in the future.
I was able to rotate stock yesterday and put the white RX3 on the rack for the project. I stripped the skins and started "staring in earnest" with a couple beers. I'll take it slow-as-she-goes and see if I can work around not dropping the motor. As I recall though, CSaddict said the motor came out quickly and easily.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #153

Hi,
I dont know if it is helpful. I am from Vietnam and we have many motorbike running delphi which are Benelli and Brixton,
Some model reported the same case, usually ODO above 4000. there are actually 02 things i did.
1. check the temperature sensor, try to replace it.
2. unplug the o2 sensor so the bike running on open loops always.