Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #1

Farewell Zong!!!

We had mild winter and it was an opportunity not to be missed. These pics are from 2016 rides.

But in the back of my mind I had a feeling that Me and Zong were going to part ways in the near future.

So I used every good opportunity to enjoy the nature and zong.

Around 2 months ago decision was made to sell my zong.

I almost sold zong the first week I advertised it. But I was too attached to it to let it go that quick. Eventually I sold it couple of days ago. I felt sad when zong was gone.

But we shared good times together. Zong enabled me to see and explore areas where normally I wouldn't be able to go.

Want to thank moderators. Especially Spud, Weldandgrind and FastDoc. For helping me a lot and of course forum members as well.

I am very gratefull for your help. With your help I was able to maintain zong and reach 41,000km (25.476 miles). Zong never left me stranded, and I've been to some remote areas.

I've decided to continue be a part of this amazing forum. I like being a dual sport rider. How long before I get an urge to explore mountains, time will tell.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #2

Glad you'll stay with us. I hope to have plenty of adventures on my new Bashan next year (God Willing)

Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #3

I have a special fondness for that model, especially with riders like you and Spud putting major miles on them. I put about 800km on Spud's Zong a few years ago, and I loved it.

Sorry to hear that yours is gone, but I'm glad that you're sticking around.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-17-2017, 12:43 AM   #4

Glad you stayed. I sold my Chinese dual sport neigh on 2 years ago now. And I am still here. :-D Good family here. I am just like that 3rd cousin that only shows up at weddings, funerals, and Christmas around here.