Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #1

Question Hawk 250 bike rack

Well, I got busy yesterday and was a late night. But, I really wanted to do this build an maybe get a better solution to cargo hold. Funny though how plans change when in the middle of construction. Cost overruns and blowing the budget seems to always happen. In the past, I have just used the same bungee cord to tie down my gear when I go off road with the hawk. More than once, my friends find my container sitting on the trail and I didn't notice I had even lost my stuff. The small footprint on the hawk has some good tie down locations, but my container would still walk off the bike on rough desert trails.
So, with many trips to Home Depot and Harbor Freight. I come up with the grill rack. I really do think I could cook off of it someday. What do you think? The seat can still come off while the rack is attached. All welded up pretty tight.
http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/my...d/library/Hawk

Last edited by Musictrek; 01-19-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2

Nice rack! Came out real nice.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #3

Thank you! I think it's going to work out great!

Old 01-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #4

Nice job! The amp was a nice touch

Old 01-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyschmitz View Post
Nice job! The amp was a nice touch
Thank you! Why not some loud tunes while out on a ride

Old 01-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #6

nice work, but it seems that it would hit the back of a passenger ... thats why i spent $20 and got a trunk ... but i dont have the hawk, so i do not know how it would fit on the hawk, as the rack on the storm is more like an old 70's style rack ... but for one person, that just may be the best home made rack so far, and if you had it coated in something you could eat from, it would make a super cook top for an open fire when you got to a camp site, without taking any more storage room ... i love it

Old 01-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
nice work, but it seems that it would hit the back of a passenger ... thats why i spent $20 and got a trunk ... but i dont have the hawk, so i do not know how it would fit on the hawk, as the rack on the storm is more like an old 70's style rack ... but for one person, that just may be the best home made rack so far, and if you had it coated in something you could eat from, it would make a super cook top for an open fire when you got to a camp site, without taking any more storage room ... i love it
. Thank you! It does cover the seat slightly. But, in other build, the rack could be a little more offset to the rear and allow greater seat room. I don't usually ride two up. So, I kept it a little more inward. High temp paint and quick disconnects to remove the rack could be in order for the cook top option. Maybe even a propane burner attached underneath.

Tags
bikerack, hawk250, luggagerack, rack, tiedowns