Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2017, 10:27 PM   #1

apcusa so far its been a struggle

so i called don on dec 14th, ordered and paid for 2 thunder 125's (grom copy) on the 14th. was told i would get them in time for christmas. couple things to note, this was regarded as commercial shipping to my shop, and i informed them that they would need a drop gate since i dont have a forklift. not a problem i was told well, nearly a month later, they arrived, and not without the complete runaround, mis-information, and lots of frustration.

on dec 19th in the afternoon, i hadn't received the bill of lading. so i called and was told they should be going out on tues or wed.. i asked if they would get her in time for christmas and was assured they would.
tues the 20th, still nothing, and spoke to don, asked about paper work as we had planned a trip for a week on the 26th, and i wanted to take them with us, he said they would pull the bikes aside. get the numbers and send them out first thing so we could have them for the trip. but we should see the bikes thursday or fri.

thursday and fri, no bikes, no bill of lading, silence..
i called on friday and spoke to greg, he would look into it, and get back to me. i called a while later, and he tells me the shipping company is closed fri, and monday for the holiday.
needless to say, my patience was getting to the end. but i realize, its the holidays, and im sure i wasnt the only one with this issue, so i let it go, though very disappointed.

we go on our vacation the following week, and its still there in the back of my mind the whole time, so thursday i finally call and speak to greg, he apologized and said we should be back on track for the following week. i said ok lets get this done please!
i also asked about the paperwork and what ever happened to it, as it never showed up.
the lady there said, we dont ever send the paperwork before the bikes are received in case there was an issue.

we get home from vacation on the 2nd, and tues the 3rd, i called to find out what the deal was, and greg told me he would look into it and call me back.
i took it upon myself to figure out that cazador was the distributor, so i called to cut out the middle man, spoke to michael there, who knew who i was and the order. he tells me they would be shipping out the 4th, and that i should see the bill of lading come through soon.

i get the bill of lading on the 4th, wait till the 5th and call the shipping company to get an estimated date, tracking info etc..
they tell me they attempted to pick up, but the driver was sent away because they weren't ready to load. they informed me that the pro# now would change, and they would pick them up the following day on the 6th. i was told i should call cazador and give them the new # and tell them they would be there today to pick up.
i call cazador, he says, they had a lot of backorders to fill, and because of the holiday, they were behind. i gave him the new info and told him that the shipper said they would be there today to pick them up.

i get a call from michael at cazador later that day and was told that one of the black bikes had some damage and he asked if i would like a different color, i said white would be fine and he said they were loading now.
im finally going to get my bikes!!

the shipping company calls me on tuesday the 10th and says we can drop them at your shop on wed, whats a good time, i asked for the latest appt, she say we can do after 1pm, i said that will have to work, and to please have the driver call an hr b4 since i may be more then 30 mins away at work.
wednesday, 1130 am the driver calls and says hes in front of my shop and where am i?
luckily, i was only 20 mins away at the time, and was able to take an early lunch

i fly up to my shop, get there and he asks if i have forklift. i say no, how the hell is this gonna work? he says i may have to come back tomorrow, i say, no way, ive waited to long, ask my neighbor at my shop to use the back of his pickup truck and slide the bikes into it. the three of us get them in and then onto the ground since they are bulky, but fairly light.
i pull the boxes off, and start to find some crate damage, the rt side of the white bike looks like it may have fallen over at one time, the footpeg bracket was broken, and other parts were scuffed and damaged.
the driver starts getting an attitude with me and tells me he has to go. i basically told him, im not signing anything until i throughly look over the bikes now to find any additional damage. of course i find a few other items, he gets an exception from his office, and i let him get on his way.

that evening, i get back to the shop to assemble the bikes and make sure there are no other issues. the assembly was minor, front wheel, rear shock, loosen chain, handlebars, switches and going over the bike to tighten everything.
got both bikes done and running, sent pics via email for the damage, i also emailed the vin# and info needed for registrations so i could get that going too. followed up with a call to greg to make sure he had all the info, and to ask the lady about processing the paper work and overnight shipping to me as a courtesy for all this b.s. i was told, they cant do that with government paperwork, they can get in trouble, blah blah blah... i said if they can ship fed ex or ups overnight, i would pay for it. i was told, that they would get in trouble because they have an account with usps and they would be upset if they used another carrier. lmao.. anyway, i decided to let it go, and just wait since they were shipping priority mail i should have it monday hopefully.

i will say while all of the people i spoke to on the phone were very nice, and seem like they want to do a good job, maybe they are just overwhelmed or something?? if they would have told me from the beginning it would be the 2nd week of jan, i would have been fine, but the jerkin me around with this and that was so uncalled for.
i was actually going to sign up to be a local dealer here, and spoke to don at length about it and a few other things, he seemed very nice informative etc..
just disappointed in the experience.

i posted in another thread about the short i have on one of the bike and i havent even put a mile on it yet. hopefully something simple.

i also hope they follow through with the parts that were damaged. i will keep you all posted as to how this turns out.

Last edited by extreemthrottle; 03-24-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 AM   #2

This is the life of a China bike purchaser/rider. LOL Its sad that you almost have to expect these types of issues when purchasing a China bike. To me the problem is all the drop shipping. The product never comes directly from the seller. Too many middle men, too much money has to change hands, too many people have to confirm what was sold, what was paid for, what is in stock at the drop ship warehouse, what is available to be picked up by the shipper. LOL it just sounds like a mess.

/

Old 01-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #3

Oh No

I think that the retailer should have found out the info for you. In stead it sounds like they told you what ever story they had without confirming it just to get you off the phone. Then you had to take on the task of researching where the hell it was and why and when etc. Aspucalinuadioucilous (whatever) certainly didn't earn their money on this one. You'd though they had taken more notice since it was a multi unit order . I am glad my next purchase will be coming from CSC Motorcycles.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
This is the life of a China bike purchaser/rider. LOL Its sad that you almost have to expect these types of issues when purchasing a China bike. To me the problem is all the drop shipping. The product never comes directly from the seller. Too many middle men, too much money has to change hands, too many people have to confirm what was sold, what was paid for, what is in stock at the drop ship warehouse, what is available to be picked up by the shipper. LOL it just sounds like a mess.

/
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I think that the retailer should have found out the info for you. In stead it sounds like they told you what ever story they had without confirming it just to get you off the phone. Then you had to take on the task of researching where the hell it was and why and when etc. Aspucalinuadioucilous (whatever) certainly didn't earn their money on this one. You'd though they had taken more notice since it was a multi unit order . I am glad my next purchase will be coming from CSC Motorcycles.
while i agree with both of you,
id like to believe that customer service isnt a thing of the past.
i work in 2 customer service industries, and on involves mainly one line sales. if i didnt work my ass off to get a good reputation, i wouldn't have any business at all. i do my best to go above and beyond for all my customers. i will say, we are all human, and ive made mistakes, but i own it, and do my best to make up for it in some way.
this was completely unacceptable.
there was so much more to this line of b.s. that i was fed, but the jest of the feedback and facts were there.

i just hope they really did send the registration info, and hope to get my replacement parts this week.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #5

I had some small issues with them also, but only with the shipping aspect. took a while to get a bill of laden but all other things like paperwork and other issues were handled promptly, my guess is the weak link is the shipping end of things.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #6

my 1st china bike, the "WILL200" came from Motobuys, took 5 days to get the bike, and 2 MONTHS to get the paperwork so I could license and insure it!
For the most part, people just suck!
Bobcats was VERY fast at getting us both the trike and the paperwork for my wifes trike. Had trike and paperwork both done inside of 2 weeks.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #7

Just got off the phone with them and hopefully will hear back later today...I'll call if I don't, just have to keep on them I suppose. Got two Hawks incoming and apparently they shipped last Friday? Need to know because I go into my work office every other Friday and that's where I had them shipped, though they are going to a terminal nearby apparently? It is so weird. Anyway, I feel like there is some traction and they are just way backed up. Its frustrating but I hope I'm getting close to getting these in!

UPDATE: Got the shipping figured out, the bikes should be in on Monday! Thanks ASPC!

Last edited by emptyschmitz; 01-19-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #8

DANG!!!! 1 month and 5 days latter and still have no bike physically there!
that is insane!
Good to know as I will be avoiding them like the plague. Even though they
are in my own state! GLAD they are FINALLY on the way though!!!!

Old 01-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #9

well, still waiting for my call back from them. lmao. i have to laugh at this point because it makes me wonder how a company like that can stay in business.
they're lack of communication is ridiculous!

ive emailed them over 5 times with no response at all. ive called and always told they will call me back with answers but never get a call back.
just be prepared that if you purchase from them, you have to bug them and bug them in order to get anything done, and you still may not get a resolution

the runaround ive received from them is unacceptable, and if i didnt title and register them already, id send the 2 bikes back and get my money back.
something that was supposed to be fun and inexpensive has not turned into a money pit and lots of disappointment.

ive been a motorcycle and watercraft technician for years so fixing small things isnt the issue, its that these are brand new!! ive had very little time on them mainly because im afraid to take them to far from my shop and be stranded somewhere.
one bike was wired wrong and kept popping fuses, once i traced it all out, i got that fixed. tail lights are very dim and barely seen, so i will be adding another taillight for safety.
they both run very lean and theres no adjustment available to the air/fuel mixture. one of them, once it gets into 4th gear at around 3/4 throttle and 35mph it dies, spits and sputters.
the plastics on them are so brittle one has already broken, and not sure how.
im quickly realizing, though apsc offers some kind of warranty i have nothing to go on. no paperwork, nothing on the the website with any warranty info, ive asked them for warranty registration cards, i get nothing in return.

i will continue to post updates as they happen.
hope to get some resolution soon.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #10

The air gas mix screw in hiding between the carb and cylinder on the bottom. You need to re-jet the carb and it will be fine. Most of us just get a Mikuni as there easier to work with and easier to get jets. To open your carb you will have to remove the tamper proof screws. Most people take a hacksaw and make a notch for a standard screwdriver. Once you get it dialed in every one seems to like the bike.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #11

I am guessing that they are manufactured by Baodiao, which my first guess were imported and sold by Boom International, the company that sells the Vader 125, but APSCUSA sells Cazador branded 125's. Contact them to see what is up! They are located in Texas.

http://www.ahamotorsports.com/street.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #12

Culcune, what are these bikes called? In other words what is their segment such as enduro, or Mx, or adventure? Is there a name for them other than Grom clones?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #13

thanks for the heads up on the carb. must be buried under a cap or something. looked fairly thoroughly but didnt remove it yet.

i wanted to find out what brand and model motors these are and what aftermarket goodies i can get for it. it would be nice if they ran better, and the plastics wouldnt keep cracking (i found the front fender mount cracked today)

these are called thunder 125 from cazador. i called the distributor about 2 weeks ago, but the guy i delt with b4 was out sick. i'll call him again tomorrow.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Culcune, what are these bikes called? In other words what is their segment such as enduro, or Mx, or adventure? Is there a name for them other than Grom clones?
???

Mini?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
???

Mini?
See, I haven't heard of a generic term yet.

I call them clown bikes but then again, so ive been told, im a certified jerk.