Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #1

Exclamation "Will 200" Dual Sport Motobuys

Hey everyone I just need some opinions that could come in very handy. I have once had a Bashan Dual sport from Motobuys and it was nice. I had a great time with it and learned so much about the bike. I sold it right before winter and I really regret it now. Anyway im looking for another Chinese bike to buy from motobuys. I see this Will 200 on the website and it looks awesome in the cosmetic way. It is very sharp looking unlike my bashan dual sport with the rear rack that I bought from there a year ago. Any thoughts on the Will 200? good bad? its only 200cc but it goes the same speed as the bashan which was a 250? and I got that bike up to about 62 with a GPS speedometer. So I am a little confused about that. Anyway I just want to know antthing about the bike from anyone that owns one or knows about them. I am hearing it is also built by bashan and is one of the better Chinese manufacturers. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #2

I would suggest either a Hawk or Enforcer from these guys. The Hawk may have registration issues in your state. Check it out first....

http://www.apscusa.com/Bashan-Enforc...ded_p_751.html

Both of these bikes ore the "newer" generation China Bikes. Lots of great reports on the Hawk. The Enforcer looks just like it but is new.

The Hawk is made by Haosan (Hensim) and the Enforcer by I believe Bashan. Both good manu's.

That's just my .02.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #3

if your state reg is not an issue I would go with a Hawk. I have one it is a great machine.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
if your state reg is not an issue I would go with a Hawk. I have one it is a great machine.
No doubt

Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #5

Only real problems with my Bashan WILL 200 was from the seller (TxPower Sports/360 Power Sports) and CO not wanting to deal with plating/adding the bike to the system... 360 Power Sports said we would get a "New in the crate" motorcycle... what we received was a beat up "4.8km" floor model...

You can read more about the bike in my thread or ask me questions about the bike in a PM if you like... basically, a little under powered... a few mods to "uncork the engine" and wherever I point the front tire... the bike goes!

I've been up past 12,000 feet a few times on the bike... got it up to 83 mph a few times (after carb/exhaust/ignition/sprocket mods)

"My bike" http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16168

"360 Power Sports" http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16239

A new name brand (Denso or NGK) Iridium spark plug, better air filter, and grind the mountain like exhaust header welds down a bit is all our bike really needed for "mods"... but I like to go to the extreme sometimes... so I added an aftermarket FMF muffler and a Lithium Battery to the bike and drop ~11 lbs of fat off the bike

Check and grease everything... locktight/threadlock everything else... and the bike has been trouble free on all my rides so far*

* I forgot to locktight a few bolts... forgot to turn the fuel petcock on one time at the beginning of a ride... the gas tank also has no reserve and is small (2.1 gallons I think)... random problems and thoughts over

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #6

Forgot to mention the Exhaust Gasket... that was another main problem spot on most of these China Bikes... if you find something that looks like a crushed spring/soda can with some paper stuffed around it... toss that crap in the trash and get a Honda OE Copper Crush Gasket (18291-MM5-650 I believe)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #7

Well..........I owned one for about 4 months.
Cant give long term review because I had so many issues with it
I quickly traded it for a new Honda CB300F.
However, it's 2nd owner lives somewhat close to me and he is still
using it on the farm to go check fences & cows, and it is still going
being used 90% off road.
Here is a link to my original purchase thread: http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14456&page=3

I did NOT have a good experience at all with Motobuys.
Maybe you will have better luck with them!

As for speed, don't believe what you read. I installed a Trail Tech Vapor
speedo / tach and after dialing it in a checked the trail tech speedo with GPS and it was 100% spot on. Now the WILL200 speedometer was in KPH,
and IT would show 105 KPH going DOWN HILL. 105 KPH = 65 MPH.
HOWEVER!!! The actual GPS verified speed when the WILL was reading "105KPH" was actually 54 MPH!
So they claim 60+ MPH, based upon their own WRONG speedometer!
Going up ANY uphill grade the bike would quickly fall back to 45 actual MPH. And as far back as 40 MPH on longer steeper hills. And I only weigh 155 lbs mind you. A sprocket change would do no good, it was not, repeat NOT a RPM issue, it was a POWER issue! (or lack there of!)
Also, for whatever reason, mine blew a headlight bulb at the rate of one $11 bulb every 3 days. Yet the voltage output going to the battery read a consistent 13.9-14.1v. :-/ Never figured out why it did that, and neither has the new owner as he rides it with no working headlight. He did add a pair of off road auxiliary LED lights for night riding and they are doing well.

THE GOOD: Rode much smoother than the Honda CRF230L and had a better seat to boot. Had great tires from the factory. And the transmission was butter smooth. LOVED the transmission. Was FAR smoother shifting than
the Honda. Any of the 4 Hondas I have owned, truth be told!
Don't know if all this helped or not. LOL But you asked, so there is my $0.02

Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 PM   #8

The Hawk is a no go in NY state:/

Old 01-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
Well..........I owned one for about 4 months.
Cant give long term review because I had so many issues with it
I quickly traded it for a new Honda CB300F.
However, it's 2nd owner lives somewhat close to me and he is still
using it on the farm to go check fences & cows, and it is still going
being used 90% off road.
Here is a link to my original purchase thread: http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14456&page=3

I did NOT have a good experience at all with Motobuys.
Maybe you will have better luck with them!

As for speed, don't believe what you read. I installed a Trail Tech Vapor
speedo / tach and after dialing it in a checked the trail tech speedo with GPS and it was 100% spot on. Now the WILL200 speedometer was in KPH,
and IT would show 105 KPH going DOWN HILL. 105 KPH = 65 MPH.
HOWEVER!!! The actual GPS verified speed when the WILL was reading "105KPH" was actually 54 MPH!
So they claim 60+ MPH, based upon their own WRONG speedometer!
Going up ANY uphill grade the bike would quickly fall back to 45 actual MPH. And as far back as 40 MPH on longer steeper hills. And I only weigh 155 lbs mind you. A sprocket change would do no good, it was not, repeat NOT a RPM issue, it was a POWER issue! (or lack there of!)
Also, for whatever reason, mine blew a headlight bulb at the rate of one $11 bulb every 3 days. Yet the voltage output going to the battery read a consistent 13.9-14.1v. :-/ Never figured out why it did that, and neither has the new owner as he rides it with no working headlight. He did add a pair of off road auxiliary LED lights for night riding and they are doing well.

THE GOOD: Rode much smoother than the Honda CRF230L and had a better seat to boot. Had great tires from the factory. And the transmission was butter smooth. LOVED the transmission. Was FAR smoother shifting than
the Honda. Any of the 4 Hondas I have owned, truth be told!
Don't know if all this helped or not. LOL But you asked, so there is my $0.02
It did help a lot! I have heard a lot of great stories about the WILL 200 and a few bad ones. Im taking it all into account. I had a good experience with MOtobuys the first time so hopefully if I make this purchase I will have a good run in with them again.lol thanks!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Only real problems with my Bashan WILL 200 was from the seller (TxPower Sports/360 Power Sports) and CO not wanting to deal with plating/adding the bike to the system... 360 Power Sports said we would get a "New in the crate" motorcycle... what we received was a beat up "4.8km" floor model...

You can read more about the bike in my thread or ask me questions about the bike in a PM if you like... basically, a little under powered... a few mods to "uncork the engine" and wherever I point the front tire... the bike goes!

I've been up past 12,000 feet a few times on the bike... got it up to 83 mph a few times (after carb/exhaust/ignition/sprocket mods)

"My bike" http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16168

"360 Power Sports" http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16239

A new name brand (Denso or NGK) Iridium spark plug, better air filter, and grind the mountain like exhaust header welds down a bit is all our bike really needed for "mods"... but I like to go to the extreme sometimes... so I added an aftermarket FMF muffler and a Lithium Battery to the bike and drop ~11 lbs of fat off the bike

Check and grease everything... locktight/threadlock everything else... and the bike has been trouble free on all my rides so far*

* I forgot to locktight a few bolts... forgot to turn the fuel petcock on one time at the beginning of a ride... the gas tank also has no reserve and is small (2.1 gallons I think)... random problems and thoughts over
Youre a big help! I have already read a lot of your posts about your will 200. Im guessing registration wont be an issue because my last bike was a bashan bike as well and DMV gave me no problems. You have done a great job with your bike, it looks awesome. If and when I order my bike, I will be looking at many of your posts because ill be needing help with upgrading things. I probably wont ever get my bike going 80 plus mph like yours but I plan on having it go atleast 70-75. I got my last bike from motobuys up to around 63mph with basic upgrades and good taking care of, imagine if I would have made serious changes! I just love how this will 200 looks like a supermoto! ill keep everyone updated. Im looking at purchasing within the next month!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #11

NY has had very recent success in registration:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18036

If you are going to be doing mainly street driving the hawks tires are definitely not the ones you want to be on. At 50-60 mph things are vibrating and a little squirrelly/vague in the turns.

Off road it is a beast. I have a plate on mine to get to the trails/dirt not to be a street fighter.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:01 PM   #12

BROZZ!! No question on the registration. It has the 19" front wheel and 17" rear. SO you can super moto it with a tire change. Comes with street friendly gearing already. Comes with Genuine Japanese Keihin Carb, NGK spark plug, Genuine Yuasa battery, digital speedo / tach, basically it comes with all the upgrades other bikes need. It will need an uncorking of the exhaust system and carb jetted though. With my 210lb butt on it It went 71mph according to the speedo, so maybe a little less actual. But whatever you decide keep us posted on the progress. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #13

I would hesitate with Motobuys. A member from NY, SANY, purchased a Storm 250 (they call it the Kymoto XDP, like how they rebranded the Bashan Will as a Lancer), and was sent a Bashan Brozz 250, which he was pleasantly surprised with. However, a month later, he posted that he was on the verge of canceling his order. Why? Like Louis Angel, they seem to take forever and a day with sending the MCO. SANY could not legally ride his bike (this was in the fall--he lost riding time), and just when he was going to cancel his order (which he could due to NY law), suddenly the MCO magically appeared, as well as the excuses. He got a few weeks of riding before winter. The paperwork is my concern for you or anyone else. If you do stick with them (not the worse decision, but just be aware), I would suggest to look at the Fleetwood to the left of the Will--also made by Bashan (I can tell by the model number on the swingarm), has a 229cc engine (or whatever size their '250' is), and has the rack, for $50 more.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would hesitate with Motobuys. A member from NY, SANY, purchased a Storm 250 (they call it the Kymoto XDP, like how they rebranded the Bashan Will as a Lancer), and was sent a Bashan Brozz 250, which he was pleasantly surprised with. However, a month later, he posted that he was on the verge of canceling his order. Why? Like Louis Angel, they seem to take forever and a day with sending the MCO. SANY could not legally ride his bike (this was in the fall--he lost riding time), and just when he was going to cancel his order (which he could due to NY law), suddenly the MCO magically appeared, as well as the excuses. He got a few weeks of riding before winter. The paperwork is my concern for you or anyone else. If you do stick with them (not the worse decision, but just be aware), I would suggest to look at the Fleetwood to the left of the Will--also made by Bashan (I can tell by the model number on the swingarm), has a 229cc engine (or whatever size their '250' is), and has the rack, for $50 more.
Thanks for the response! I had the bike that they labeled the "fleetwood" and I ordered it from MOtobuys. My MCO came i about a week later and I never had any issues. I got my bike last year. Im not sure if in previous years motobuys has sucked with their MCO deal so they must have stepped it up or I just got lucky. I didnt even have to call them, a week later the MCO was mailed to my home address when i purchased the fleetwood bike. I loved that bike by the way, it just was not cool looking enough for my liking, but this Will 200 looks very sharp and im looking to ride it for about 2 or 3 years maybe. I dont get to ride a lot because the Buffalo NY weather is very bad and only stays warm for about 2.5 or exactly 3 months lol I havent ridden since I sold my fleetwood and boy do I miss that thing!

Old 01-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #15

FYI, the will 200 is going to be a 2014 or older. Pretty sure quit production so will be new old stock . I would go for that brozz, same motor as your blaze but has the looks and nice additions. Letsride is happy with his.

I would doubt you would get 70mph on that will unless you send it to azhule to get it tricked out first.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~