Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
The stock tires of that Lifan are clones of the Pirelli MT60. My chinese motorcycle came with the same tires

Attachment 25533
That’s a good starting point! Thank you! Good eye.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Trail Wings are stock tires for various dualsports. The manufacturer chose them based on what they see most buyers doing with their bikes.

I suspect most or maybe all of the criticism of these tires is from people who are riding outside of the parameters of what these tires are designed for (wrong kind of terrain), and with unrealistic expectations just because they are not well-educated on tires.

To some degree, a more experienced rider can make up for specific shortcomings of a given tire--see Noraly/Itchy Boots on Youtube.
Yes these tires are often factory stock fitment to a majority of major brands, but Just do a general search of Bridgestone "Death Wings" to get an idea of the perception.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Yes these tires are often factory stock fitment to a majority of major brands, but Just do a general search of Bridgestone "Death Wings" to get an idea of the perception.
I have already done that. Still think it mostly comes down to the experience level and expectations of the rider. If riders are not well-experienced, they need to be more careful to make up for it; then as experience and confidence grows, they can ride a little more aggressively. And not outride whichever tires and bike they happen to be on.

No tire is the very best at all terrains. Every design/engineering decision has its compromises built in. Great MX tires suck on the road, and vice versa.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Really would love to find these type again. Just enough knobs and just enough contact area.
You could try ordering replacements from here: https://kpclubusa.com/collections/x-pect

They list replacement front & rear tires for $85 each. Of course, I tried to order a replacement clutch lever from them after my snafu some weeks ago and they cancelled my order the next day due to not having any in stock. So YMMV.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoob View Post
You could try ordering replacements from here: https://kpclubusa.com/collections/x-pect

They list replacement front & rear tires for $85 each. Of course, I tried to order a replacement clutch lever from them after my snafu some weeks ago and they cancelled my order the next day due to not having any in stock. So YMMV.
Wow!

I mean for $85, these are AMAZING tires. I thought they would be junk and would fall apart on me riding, you can see threads where I’m asking about that. As it turned out, the tires and tubes have gone almost 1500 miles now. Over lots of dirt and trails. Good amount of tar.

And that pic upthread was taken yesterday that I posted of the tread.

I think my one complaint about the tires is the front tire. It gets Squirrley in any deep sand or mud. I don’t know if there’s something better I could get just for the front.