Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2022, 06:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Apparently on CR it is only a short leap from transmission problems to oboe reeds to projectile pooping. Thank goodness this thread has not wandered off course at all. That would really annoy me!
No! We have stayed the course! Think about it a sec.....
If you have transmission issues, moving as normal is not an easy task.
If you have shitter issues, moving as normal is also not an easy task.

I'd say we are right on track to find eventual cures for all the above, just each of us discovering various cures for the problem areas. We must maintain course...... We cannot let our minds wander this deep into finding the cure(s)

Old 03-28-2022, 09:50 PM   #32

I bow to your deep wisdom.....

By an amazing stroke of luck, Billy Bob's father was a mechanical engineer in the Old Country. I showed him the Lithuanian website and he read the writeup of their products, and checked out the specs on what I thought might be the best candidates. He said it would be very difficult and probably pretty expensive to adapt one of those for my purposes. So back to Square One.

I'm thinking of looking into just what the entire desculpulator mechanism does in the transmission, and if it can be removed or bypassed. I would love to go for a ride tmw, but don't want to be hearing bad noises from the trans when I'm 30 miles from home.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 03-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #33

Circumvention may not be the answer here.... What we are trying to attain is VERY feasible, we have the manpower and the data. However, if we keep going down this path, you are correct, we are back at square one. But think about this.....
With a correctly configured relay bank, we could completely covex the whole thing. With that said, using SPDT relays, we could possibly make everything concave also, simply by reversing the polarity on posts 87 and 87A. As long as post 30 remains a common, it could work.... I'm also not against a non polarized pump, so that we could alter directions of the flow. I'll check with the boys at the lab in the AM, and get back with a report ASAP......

Old 03-28-2022, 10:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Circumvention may not be the answer here.... What we are trying to attain is VERY feasible, we have the manpower and the data. However, if we keep going down this path, you are correct, we are back at square one. But think about this.....
With a correctly configured relay bank, we could completely convex the whole thing. With that said, using SPDT relays, we could possibly make everything concave also, simply by reversing the polarity on posts 87 and 87A. As long as post 30 remains a common, it could work.... I'm also not against a non polarized pump, so that we could alter directions of the flow. I'll check with the boys at the lab in the AM, and get back with a report ASAP......
Excellent, thank you!

Here is McMaster-Carr's page on SPDT relays: https://www.mcmaster.com/relays/indu...ignation~spdt/

I am not all that up on types of relays. Which were you thinking of? And if we convex it, will that have any negative effect on controlling the one-way direction of inertial flow? And will we have to mod the shifter pawl to accommodate any changes we make to the original factory design?

I need to get a lot deeper into relays. The right one might be the answer to a vexing problem I am having with my time machine development. Well that and the fact that my math skills are not that far beyond counting on my fingers.....
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself