Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
I got an email today from John Zhou at Galaxy, he quoted me a cost of $805.00 for to the door delivery. Thats all inclusive from port to port and through customs and then to my address.

$1,705.00 delivered.

That is not unrealistic. I wonder what two bikes would cost?

Undertulsa. You must be a snakeoil salesman. 8O
I would say not much if at all, not unless you bought a container full? Its a single unit(s) until the container is filled.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #32

They might cut some off on inland shipping…if they are going to the same address?
The thing is you can get the quote broken out, if you live near a port you can or could pick it up there or also could pick it up locally at transfer station.

The to the door adds costs, its an estimate and you could call around, I was told the cost to get it through customs was $120.00 the freight $685.00 and thats in parts water,inland and then to your door. The price to just the port and then add customs is less, obviously.

But using one agent is or could be faster or maybe not? But certainly less trouble, they would be handling it all. Just make sure its all insured.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Undertulsa. You must be a snakeoil salesman. 8O
And a good one. $1900 for a used GY200a? Wow. 8O

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #34

Well

It only had 1400mi on it and it did all the mods leds, headlights, bedliner on body panels had Michelin 4mm tubes but in front and rear and had wheels trued.

but yeah i asked for 2k took 1900, out here in the desert a enduro are hot people want them especially ones that get 120mi on 1.5gallons, its spread out here.

I havent lost any sleep yet

Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #35

With all the work you did I am sure some value was added. Take the money and get the next project going.

Allen

Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #36

Oengus, keep up with the correspondence to Galaxy. I really like the SUV, in a Yamaha TW kind of way. The same wholesaler out of China (not sure if they are affiliated with Galaxy) that you have a link to also show the XTR series of bikes at wholesale, as well as the TGR series for wholesale. In theory, they all use the same engine, the 223cc (I believe Loncin derived), and all are showing as EPA certified.

Remember, the XTR 250 is race proven, as far as the 200? Taklamkan Rally in China is concerned, so I am sure the SUV would be reliable as well, at least engine-wise. However, until they get the fuel injection bugs worked out, the carb would be the way to go, but Andy on the mychinamoto threads is still our Guinea pig, so we might just read good things about the fuel injection, yet!!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Oengus, keep up with the correspondence to Galaxy. I really like the SUV, in a Yamaha TW kind of way. The same wholesaler out of China (not sure if they are affiliated with Galaxy) that you have a link to also show the XTR series of bikes at wholesale, as well as the TGR series for wholesale. In theory, they all use the same engine, the 223cc (I believe Loncin derived), and all are showing as EPA certified.

Remember, the XTR 250 is race proven, as far as the 200? Taklamkan Rally in China is concerned, so I am sure the SUV would be reliable as well, at least engine-wise. However, until they get the fuel injection bugs worked out, the carb would be the way to go, but Andy on the mychinamoto threads is still our Guinea pig, so we might just read good things about the fuel injection, yet!!
for Andy I hope so.

The tradevv site that you refer to as a "wholesaler" was set up by Galaxy. Galaxy use that to offer samples and that is what Andy Hird bought. The link on tradevv is not a wholesaler its Galaxy advertising samples.

They would love to sell me an SUV and for me to track it and document that experience. They know the internet will conjure interest in the bike, that interest can drive sales.

Spud should get commisions on the ZS200GY-2 sales for the US seriously.

I can see why John Zhou is in the position he is in, he fielded me with candor.

When I sent an email making an inquiry through the tradevv site, John Zhou responded.
He took the time to address all of my inquires.

The bike has been manufactured for a year an one half.

It is a 223cc Honda design the carburetion and ignition systems are compatible.

They seem to have nuts and bolt issues? (my conclusion from what I read on mychinamoto) I am not sure I am up for a investment to assist them in quality control. Andy Hird obviously is or thought he was?

I like the bike, I like the SUV to me it rates high on the cool factor. That bike would get noticed.

I have been ridding around on my XP200 and heads turn everywhere….lol I like turning heads, always have. I think the SUV is even more of a head turner…I like it I want one.

If you have $1,700.00 get one…you are in Arizona you could drive to Long Beach and pick it up that would cut freight costs in half. If you did, that being contacted John and asked for a price FOB Long beach the price would be around $1250.00, I could be wrong but half the freight is over land.

Interstate 8 to interstate 5? You could pick it up at the port, you could ask for oversea transport to Long Beach and customs clearance and then you would pick it up. Your price is not the same, it would be less for you, you can get to Long Beach, I am a far from there.

The bike is cool, if ridden primarly on the street it could be very very reliable or not...

Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #38

The SUV also comes in black

What is with the square mud guard? Is it or does it have storage in it?

I am not going to bother Galaxy, I am so not likely to buy one.
I want one but all the work to get one and then after that...too stressfull.

I would like to see them get rid of the mud guard, and cover the air box with a triangle and then add a molded rear fender. bascially the same thing but a curved fender instead of a square box. The way it is now f's with my OCD!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #39

Getting bikes to the USA… a 20ft container can hold as many as 34 bikes. The costs of that about $4,000.00/34 about $120.00 each.

So dispersed aggregate buying groups would be required, the price of the bikes out of production is still $900.00

However the cost of motorcycle arriving in a USA port is or would be about only $1,020.00 USD each, if they came in a full 20ft container.

I would need to know about customs costs and do they all pass through cheaper or is the previous single unit cost for customs at $120.00 still the same or is it less on a full container?

Then from the port of import to wherever the bikes would go…that’s interesting as it could be shipping to more than one aggregate buying group?

If it was two buying groups then from the port the order would get split as in these VINS go to one destination and the other VINS go to another destination. That could be managed through a single freight handler and to two or more specific destinations, that being the closest freight terminal in aggregate groups area. The shipment from the port would get split up.

Since the bikes cost $1,700.00 each (single unit shipment) then we can back out of that with the new prices. Assuming customs cost are constant at $120.00 each and that could be less?

We now have a cost of $1,140.00 (in a US port cleared of customs) each and have to get the bikes to an inland location(s). Lets assume 20 are going to one location (wishful) then the previous inland freight cost of one at a count of 20 was 20(1700-1140)=$11,200; it pretty safe to say it will not cost that much to have a truck transport 20 of them from the port to Cleveland!

That’s the next question; as what would be the cost to get them from the port to Cleveland, the single unit cost was incorporated in the $685 quote the only values broken out was the bike $900 and customs clearance $120.00 . That is the $1,700 total cost of one shipped to your home. So there is some reduction in there when the cost of ocean freight is reduced and the cost of inland transport is consolidated.

But one group is not likely to buy 34 bikes, it could take a few groups in different places the larger the group the cheaper the inland transport costs.

I would think that the price could be as low as $1,300-$1,500 to get a bike you would then have to pick it up at a local freight terminal. Depending on the size of the group/consolidated purchase.

The bigger the purchase the lower the costs, so an aggregate group(s) could be set up, that could be based an a club/forum, making lists and tracking it till the unit orders come to 34.

It could also bring in other bikes other models and even other manufactured brands. The price of production is not connected to filling a container, I would not ask Galaxy to discount on $900.00 it is already low. I would rather they keep the money and invest it in a warranty account. I would be and am apprehensive to product failures.

I am wondering about the engine and the source of it, that 223cc is being made by many and shows up on many bikes, the one made by Zongshen used on the GS250 had some issues. There are groups on other forums tracking that GS250 and it had some transmission issues.

I will keep up with it, but I will not likely being buying a sample since I still have to pay off the XP200. Maybe after that is paid off, but that is not until December.

John says they are working on documentation for the bike. Parts lists and manuals…a must IMO. some sort of warranty is also in order…but at $900.00 you really cannot expect much.

It would be good to have it all in order and also have one to test. to see if it conjures enough interest to preorder them.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #40

I received another email from John over the weekend,

He said he would forward my email to a freight forwarder and also is working on some pictures of the SUV250.

I would get an SUV if i can get the price under $1,300.0 delivered. The $1,700.00 is too high.

That only possible if 34 people order one and they all come over in one container.

That is possible....

But all the bikes need a parts book and and a service manual. Then a way to order parts online and for decent prices.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #41

Here is a photo of a Honda XL230

Its the same engine, but the SUV is not a triple tree.

But the SUV's exhaust does hang low, it cannot handle ruts, it would get torn off. The front fender could not handle mud, it would get jammed up in it.

But it could surely do a dirt road and would corner good with those 18 tires. It be great for camping and ridding around town.

I like it because it has a 32.5 inch seat height, the bike looks like it is not that small and it has a bit more hp then a typical a 200cc.

I need to get to work......

Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #42

These are much nicer bikes than the common GY200's from a few years ago, or at least they seem to be. But Galaxy does have actual race-proven bikes, so would lean towards them being decent quality. I do think the SUVs are comparable to the Yamaha TW200 as far as what you can do with it--dirt roads. I think the Zongshen Sierra is a more capable bike than the TW200, provided it is sorted out, as Spudrider has shown all of us. I hope one of us can/will bring one of the Galaxy bikes here--vtr99 is finally going to be the first Guinea pig with the Xingyue 400, so I think you, Oengus, needs to be the Guinea pig with one of the Galaxys. In the fall, when the weather cools off, and my money situation is a little more stable, I should be able to be a Pitster Guinea pig/owner (although it might be one of the street legal trail bikes CT-70 clone vs the XTR 250 motard like I really want)

Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #43

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:25 pm Post subject: different gear raios, what makes it more street and dirt?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your funny Culcune, you just want to hear what the bike is like.

This is interesting that 223cc engine costs less then $300.00 in china. I changed my opinion on warranty to that of can I buy it with an extra engine at cost? A spare…LOL Can I have access to parts at cost?

I wonder how that bike is geared?

Comparatively the Zongshen GS250 has that engine and so does the Hensim250 dirt bike; are those two bikes geared differently? I would think they should be one is a street bike and one is a dirt bike.

Taking off from a stop who reaches second gear first? I am not willing to be all geared up again, as in I may be a street bike person at heart. Are these bikes all geared the same…I am still learning.

Here is an interesting comparison:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/thr...ho-will-win/10

Then consider the Galaxy line.

SUV
PRIMARY RATIO: 3.333
FINAL DRIVE: 2.882

XTR
FINAL DRIVE: 3.154

TGR
FINAL DRIVE: 3.615

Would the SUV have a higher top speed and less torque up front? Off the line the TGR would do a wheelie and the SUV would just be ramping up to another gear?

Typically the manufacturers do not list ratios on the bikes.

It made me think because of a thread on mychinamoto, where a new XP200 owner was asking about his bike and why first gear for him seems a waste. What got me was if I recall it said; that the bike has under 200miles on it and he was talking about 7000 rpms? I will not or have not touched that marker yet. I passed 200 already and me and the bike are still getting used to each other….I am out of first before 4000, I jump fast to second. Then it was mentioned about starting off in second…I would say you should be rolling for 2nd and if the engine struggles that’s very hard on it and like going up a steep hill in 5th.

I am still learning but think that the SUV is more street.

The XP has a 3.158 primary and a 3.00 final ratio.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #44

Photo of SUV250....

The engine is made by LONCIN.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #45

Model.........................................LC16 6FMM
Type.............................................. ....
single cylinder, 4-stroke, vertical, air-cooled.
Bore×Stroke......................65.5mm×66 .2mm
Displacement.....................................2 30ml
Compression ratio.............................9.0:1
Starting....................electric/kick
Ignition.......................................CDI
Intake.................overhead camshaft
Lubrication..........pressure and splash
Gearshift...........................cyclic
Clutch..........................................
manual, wet, multi-plate
Max. power and corresponding rpm......................12kW/7500r/min (16.32hp)
Max. torque and corresponding rpm.....................17N.m/6000r/min
Min. fuel consumption............≤354g/kW.h
Min. no-load steady speed (idle speed)............1500±150r/min

http://loncinengine.com/www/index/

The engine for sale in china as a CBD250 or LC166FMM for 1900 CNY = 278.25 USD
http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buye...312441480.html

The Chinese cannot get their specification correct….but the engine for that bike sells in china for under $300.00.

An Orion bike, dirt version in china sells for 8200 CYN = 1200.84 USD
http://www.chinaorion.com/AGB30E95.html

They like to call 223cc 249cc? Then go ahead and give you the bore and stroke of the engine and that telsl you it is not 249cc? 65.66 X 66.2 is 223cc and if you see that and its a 166FMM engine and a HONDA engine design.