Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #1

pre order new Orion RXB-250L 6spd Counterbalanced

Not an option here in Australia.

But came across a new china bike offering

https://www.orionpowersports.com/pre...embled-tested/

19hp, 6 speed, counterbalanced, ZS engine. is what has me intrigued.

the $2500USD might be a deal maker/breaker for some.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #2

Why can't they also meet the EPA/DOT requirements for the over-regulated states? Can't be that much trouble...or work! Bunch of lazy capitalists! Did you'all see the "EPA Exempt Racing Bike" statement on the last line?

Old 06-12-2021, 12:55 AM   #3

Ouch, Bit shady putting that rather important detail at the bottom of the page. However it seems it might pass in some States...

Doesn't really mean much to me in Australia...I am more curious about the engine.

"Same bike as our RXB-250cc but added turn signals, horn & mirrors for on road/enduro use(Check your state DMV for any special licensing or DOT requirements for on road use. MCO labeled as "Motorcycle")"

Old 06-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #4

The exhaust says "no cat"... which is probably part of the DOT exemption issues.
Aside from that, I think it looks like a great bike.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 06-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #5

Also no mention of dash cluster, just a gear indicator.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:23 AM   #6

That looks like a good deal to me especially if it really does put out 19.5hp and with a six speed to boot. The ad says August they should have them in stock, this just moved into my radar, thanks for the heads up on this bike!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 06-21-2021, 06:45 PM   #7

Thumbs Up

Hey folks, newbie here.....please be gentle as I'm old and fragile. I am also looking at the new Orion, but the whole buying process, no listed phone number, just message and wait seems fishy as hell to me. The bike according to them is being built by the same folks that produce some of the GPX models, specifically the smaller 250. I asked them who was producing it for them, and they said they could not tell me because of their "disclosure agreement" with the factory. I would think it would be on the paperwork somewhere?? I asked if it was a Nicot Moto, or a Chongqing Bull and they wouldn't answer at all. But did say they are not produced by XMoto any longer. According to Henner, the new Zong engine in it is so new, there are virtually NO parts to be had for it. Importers are getting complete engines and tearing them down to fulfill parts orders. Same motor in the GPX 250E, and S. Lots of red flags for my simple self..... Looking at other brands, making a purchase within a couple weeks.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
Hey folks, newbie here.....please be gentle as I'm old and fragile. I am also looking at the new Orion, but the whole buying process, no listed phone number, just message and wait seems fishy as hell to me. The bike according to them is being built by the same folks that produce some of the GPX models, specifically the smaller 250. I asked them who was producing it for them, and they said they could not tell me because of their "disclosure agreement" with the factory. I would think it would be on the paperwork somewhere?? I asked if it was a Nicot Moto, or a Chongqing Bull and they wouldn't answer at all. But did say they are not produced by XMoto any longer. According to Henner, the new Zong engine in it is so new, there are virtually NO parts to be had for it. Importers are getting complete engines and tearing them down to fulfill parts orders. Same motor in the GPX 250E, and S. Lots of red flags for my simple self..... Looking at other brands, making a purchase within a couple weeks.
Orion is a one-shop store as far as the Orion-branded bikes go. Numerous members have had great luck buying both Orion and other brands' bikes through them. The 'old' Orion has had nothing but great reviews, so I couldn't imagine the new one NOT being a good bike, if not much better. The Orion is only offered through them, although Powersportsmax offers a very similar-looking bike with less features for a lot less $, but seems to sell out quickly, and one of the good things about Powersportsmax is they don't post bikes that are out of stock, so seem to be currently out of stock on the Orion-ish dual-sport and dirt bike.

You probably couldn't go wrong with the GPX lineup, either, so there are a few bikes available through them that are close enough to being the 'real deal' (as far as Chinese bikes go).

The OEM Kayo has been discussed as being a possible OEM for Pitster/GPX bikes, or at least a few of them. Kayo now offers their own biikes where they were seemingly going to go head to head with the Pitster/GPX bikes and the Orion bikes. The T4 bike is intriguing, but is offered as a 230cc engine although it has a 6-speed transmission. Their K4 seems to have the 'real' 250cc engine https://www.ridekayo.com/ditbikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Orion is a one-shop store as far as the Orion-branded bikes go. Numerous members have had great luck buying both Orion and other brands' bikes through them. The 'old' Orion has had nothing but great reviews, so I couldn't imagine the new one NOT being a good bike, if not much better.

You probably couldn't go wrong with the GPX lineup, either, so there are a few bikes available through them that are close enough to being the 'real deal' (as far as Chinese bikes go).

The OEM Kayo has been discussed as being a possible OEM for Pitster/GPX bikes, or at least a few of them. Kayo now offers their own biikes where they were seemingly going to go head to head with the Pitster/GPX bikes and the Orion bikes. The T4 bike is intriguing, but is offered as a 230cc engine although it has a 6-speed transmission. https://www.ridekayo.com/ditbikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #10

Truth be told, probably any of the afore mentioned bikes would probably be just fine for what I'm wanting. I NEVER intend to be on a track again, as that shipped sailed years ago. Dirt roads, paved roads that are not striped, mild single track, and poking around the pits at MX events I work. Oh, and camping trips.... nothing radical at all. Saying this bike will ever break 45 mph will be a stretch. I'm sure I'd be ok with an Orion, and I'm aware of plenty of happy customers. But, my luck would be of the few bad experiences.... My family has owned a business since the early 60's, and it says something to me when you are running a shop promoting nationwide sales, but don't have enough sack in your pants to publish a phone number for customers to interact through. Yet, they would happily accept thousands of dollars from you as long as you interact with a nameless soul via your laptop for tip-top service, and technical wizardry.....whenever they respond on their watch. Nope, not for me. Too old school I guess.......

I have inquired about the Kayo, and within 3 mins of questions, they offered to send me every printed manual they had on the T4, including service and repair. Wiring diagrams, torque specs, and optional parts lists. They informed me of slight variances of the bikes country to country, telling which parts could be had to increase performance, and that all could be shipped to any Kayo dealer with just a phone call. Their dealer network is impressive being a far east brand, and mainly are littered in big four shops coast to coast. The 230 engine the use was chosen for being damn solid, years of parts to be had at a moments notice, and they added the 6th gear just for road use on this model. Their bike, and customer service have really impressed this old guy. Plus, Henner himself HIGHLY recommended this model for what I'm wanting, and at barely over 3 out the door, this is looking quite promising to be honest.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #11

Orion RXB250l

Manufacturer is Xmotos - XGroup Corporation, No.2 Jinniu Rd. Baiyang Industrial Zone Wuyi City, Zhejiang Province, China

I have last years model with the 249cc engine. Model#is XB39-2

Excellent bike for the money if you can register it in your state.
Facebook has a group with a lot of info if anyone is interested.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Truth be told, probably any of the afore mentioned bikes would probably be just fine for what I'm wanting.
Plus, Henner himself HIGHLY recommended this model for what I'm wanting, and at barely over 3 out the door, this is looking quite promising to be honest.
Whichever bike you pick, let us know of your purchasing experience and ownership experience I have been intrigued by the Kayo T4, and now they have several other bikes in their lineup as well. That 230 is a venerable engine, and the logic of using it seems legit.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-01-2021, 01:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Also no mention of dash cluster, just a gear indicator.
I have a RXB250 and it has a nice digital gauge.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:24 AM   #14

Quote:
I have an orion rxb 250 and its a beast. Great suspension