Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #61

MICRider,
Sorry the glasses didn't work out for you either. I donated mine to Goodwill. Guess I'm not a video person anyway.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #62

The thing I notice with cheap video cameras (and I'm no expert) is what I guess I'd call jiggle... When the camera shake the video jiggles like it's going through jello or water or something very strange... They do look to make passable quality video for the price though, but if they didn't do the jiggle it would be so much better.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #63

Re: Stew's review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Well, as Barnone said... Save your money. Initial impressions of the glasses are not good for me. They have a very small frame so fit quite tight (and I don't have a fat head ). The instructions are even worse than for our quads... Pretty much indecipherable. Vague mention of setting date and time. I suspect that you have to set it the way that Waynev and Barnone are talking about... Make your own text file for it and drag it into the root directory of the memory card. I haven't had a chance to try it outside, but the indoor video (even shot with lots of light) is yellowed and grainy. Not much better than my son's Snap camera... It also corrupted a whole card of video so the footage was lost. Sorry Sharon, I like your business ethics and I thought the glasses were a neat idea, but I really wouldn't recommend them. You can get better video and pictures from a cheap point and shoot camera. Oh well, live and learn .

Regards,
Stew

P.S. The instructions really need to be redone, they bring chinglish to a whole new level...
Hi Stew:

Just back from holidays and was looking forward to your review, but I see you have some problems.

RE: Indoor shooting- no camera, no matter what the cost, unless it is infra red, is going to give great video inside without additional lighting, it is the lighting that is distorting the video,not the actual video. These are sold as an outdoor camera, as obviously has no flash, if your son wants to use it indoors, perhaps experimenting with some additional direct lighting source would improve the quality. I did do some latenite shooting with them during the snow storm here, and yes, while grainy (only a streetllight), it did come out with usable footage. Try it outside and compare.

Fit- One of the reasons I had the manufacturer change to the rubber frames was that the old frames were too BIG on most of my customers, I am aiming these mainly at the riding pubic, and most people want the tighter fit. They will stretch out a certain amount, because the rubber is flexable, so perhaps, like a new pair of boots lol, they will fit a little better with use.

Instructions: Totally agree with you there, am in the process of writing a new set to include, as you were aware, this was our first shipment of this product and before I could write a decent set of instructions had to make sure WE knew how to use them, as the set up is quite different from our first model. However, I am always available by email for any tech questions, and I usually respond fairly quickly.

Corrupted Card- sorry Stew, that is a new one for me, this is the first complaint have had about a card problem if you would like to email me as to how it happened, perhaps we can figure out why. Will be happy to mail you a replacement card.

The time text- argg, yes this is a fiddely thing, was struggling with it myself, manufacture explanation not the greatest, but this is how it seems to work: put a text file in the MAIN screen of drive (not into a folder) while drive is empty, in the form yy-mm-day (space) time-hr:min:sec

Then unplug the drive and cable from computer, turn the glasses On and then off again, should be set and stay that way.

I hope once you have time to do a bit more experimenting with them, your opinion will be better.

Again, if you have any tech questions, please email me at info@videowatch.ca

Happy New Year to all of you!

Thanks
VIEW
Sharon

Old 03-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #64

Drop by and say hi at the bike show!

just a note to the Toronto riders that might be interested in Video sunglasses, we have a booth at the National Motorcycle show Mar.26th/27th, drop by and say HI!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #65

Interesting.....but is there a video of these in action with someone actually riding a dualsport or dirtbike or ATV down some trails on a sunny/partly sunny day ???

Old 03-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
Interesting.....but is there a video of these in action with someone actually riding a dualsport or dirtbike or ATV down some trails on a sunny/partly sunny day ???
I may be wrong but I don't think you can wear video sunglasses with a properly fitting 3/4 or full face helmet. They are probably ok with a beanie type helmet.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #67

I got a full snap on visor attached to my MX helmet that has enough room for MX goggles under it so I'm thinking the VID-glasses would fit as well.

But whether the glasses fit or not isnt my first concern....I want to see a video from a moving bike or ATV.

The vid camera I have now is too slow to keep up with the movment and the light plays hell with the video quality when riding tree covered trails on a sunny day.(dont even ask about the....GASP...sound)

Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #68

The fit problem is on the sides where the ear pieces go over the ears not where your goggles go on the front of your face.