Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #1

Hello fellow Zong riders! I just recently aquired an 06 ZS250GS bike. It only has 400 miles on it as we speak.
The seller stated that it needed a coil or something to get it running and a new battery. Well so far, ive installed a new fresh battery, removed the carb and tank, cleaning them thouroughly. It started up but hesitated and shut down. Started it up again with the choke and it finally sat an idled. If i gave it throttle, it would try and die, so i pulled the choke slightly and reved it a bit.
I let it idle for quite some time, of course with a fan in front the engine to keep it cool and then rode it around the block a few times,.. Didnt do too bad, came back and closed up my shop, put my helmet on and some warm clothes and rode it on the main road.
I went about 3 miles and the first time i slowed down to an intersection , it kinda '' hi-cupped" a little til i throttled it more after turning the curve. Got another mile down the road slowing down to another intersection and it did the same thing. Throttled it pulling through the gears to get back up to speed and went another 2 miles or so down the road and finally turned around in a CVS parking lot.
Upon turning around it was acting up again, but worse,.so i kept on the throttle trying not to let it die. Got down the road about 3 miles and was gonna 'bypass' a light and when i slowed down, it died on me.
Needless to say, i couldnt start it until about an hour later. And was still a little hard to start.
I jumped on it and got back to the house about 3 miles from where she quit at and when i pulled into the yard, she quit again.
I havent messed with it since the other day and tried starting it, and ''no go''. It does have a new plug set at .025''. Originally it was set at .029'' So before i went to start it back up i reset the plug today and it wont even hit a lick! Dont really know what to do at this point. I checked the fire at the plug before starting it and its very weak. Is that normal? I have push lawn mowers that have 10x the fire at the plug than this bike does.
Anyway,. just wanted to get some input on what im looking at or maybe something i may have overlooked. Im frustrated alot and being it let me down im having doubts already.
Thanks for your help fellows.