Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GAMEMASTERCHAN Send a message via MSN to GAMEMASTERCHAN
Qlink xp 200 modifications

Hello everyone, I purchased a Qlink xp 200 at the beginning of summer and loving it. I have put about 4,400 miles on it and can say this is an outstanding bike. But now that cold weather is setting in I would like to start tinkering with it. Any preformance ideas, or links to get some upgrades would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #2

Welcome!

The Q guys should be along shortly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #3

JP Motorsports in San Diego sells sprockets, jet kits, and a fitted FMF muffler for the Q.

The Edge II tailight is a fine upgrade.

A rear rack if you can find one is helpful.

Full on knobbies make a big difference if you are mostly off road.

Welcome to the forum.

Any mod that works for a Suzuki DR200SE will work for Q.

Where do you live?

My only winter mod was a plug for my electric vest and gloves.

Ride on, brother!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to GAMEMASTERCHAN Send a message via MSN to GAMEMASTERCHAN
Thanks for the info guys. I live in West Virginia, mostly ride the two lane but sometimes I hit the trails.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #5

Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! If you have time, please post photos of your bike; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #6

The only thing different on the bike now is I added some white hand guards.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #7

looks good, id say a nice fmf pipe would look great on it, and modding the plate holder on the rear end to be smaller would drastically change the looks.. spud should be chimming in on the plate holder for the rear end i think he modded his

Old 10-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #8

Great looking bike. First one i have seen in that color. I like it.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #9

Thank you for posting the photos, Chan; your bike looks great! Anyone who posts photos in his first thread is definitely starting out on the right foot. Keep up the good work, and you will quickly become very popular here at China Riders!

It's hard to tell with the bright lighting; is your bike silver, or white? Whether its silver, or white, you own a sharp looking motorcycle. The QLinks motorcycles are great little bikes.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #10

Thx guys for the positive feedback. The color of the bike is white.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #11

I was wondering if the universal fmf muffler for a 2-stroke bike would work on my qlink, and if I would have to rejet the bike?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEMASTERCHAN
I was wondering if the universal fmf muffler for a 2-stroke bike would work on my qlink, and if I would have to rejet the bike?
The FMF Universal Spark Arrestor will do a great job for your QLink XP200. However, unlike my Zong, you will require a special midpipe to connect the FMF silencer to your exhaust header. I believe you can obtain the necessary items from J.P. Motorsports, as mentioned by FastDoc.

I am pretty certain you will need to rejet your carburetor with the FMF silencer, but it is not difficult. The members of these forums will be glad to assist you.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEMASTERCHAN
rejetting is super easy, its just a pita the first you have to do it. a good rule of thumb is upping the main jet 2 sizes for either a muffler or intake, and a size larger for the pilot jet. but that would be just a starting point..

you should get to under stand what each jet does and at what range of throttle the jet functions, i have several threads over in the atv area about it. including one that i think is labeled carb jetting instructions. that has a link to a great picture and write up of each jet and where it works in the throttle range.. once you get the jetting dialed in and the air fuel screw dialed in the bike will feel like awhole nother bike completely

Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #14

okay thanks for the info guys.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #15

Here's a good tutorial on changing jets.

http://www.formtechservices.com/dirt...com/Rejet.html

Ignore the jet sizes and motorcycle mentioned. This shows you how to change them with the least hassle. I did it in less than 5 minutes for both jets. It doesn't show how to change the idle jet but you will see that on top when you rotate the carb.