Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2024, 08:29 PM   #1

Hi I have a 2022 venom x22 125cc motorcycle that has an oil leak help plz

Hi Good Day or Good evening or Good night to you all! Im glad to be here.

I have a bike purchased in September 2022 from Venommotorsports.com; its a 2022 Venom x22 125cc bike, its also identified as a BD125-11(Boodiao?) The experience has been a learnt one. Also as far as the original factory kawasaki clone sports bike design I started with, the bike currently has the look of a cafe racer, i think thats what is called a street fighter;-). I live in Brooklyn so now driving a car seems redundant for me at this time. My bike is main transport on a day to day situation and at the moment i have to resolve a challenging problem that is preventing me from riding safely.

I have an oil leak that im assuming is coming from gasket failure. The day the leaked happened and before the actual leak the bike was last rode a week ago about 8 miles. For a week i spent a lot of time just removing my carb cleaning it and then even swapping it for another spare carb that was ready to be installed. I also spent a lot of time tuning it to get my idle just right. I was attempting to fine tune it so i can avoid always having to choke the carb to get it started. Similar to how it was the first day. With no luck i then remembered its significantly chilly here in NY , so duh the carb would need to be choked to warm up that ice cold engine. Okay so many times before that or possibly even every time i started the bike with a cold engine i engaged the choke and every time the rpms would red zone and the engine is roaring as if its about to take off, the vibrations so intense most times that if im not physically holding the bike or sitting on it, it will vibrate along a path with the least amount of restrictions. I also believe those vibrations were the cause of loose screw or weld in the exhaust pipe / as i have now l learnt and understand its designed as a pipe within a pipe, under warranty i received replacement and in between time i also learnt about the quick fix to that problem which was also simple and effective.

That day i also came across some information on how to alter a spark plug to get a little more performance from bike. I did it and I also got the bike tuned very nice after implementing a perfect jet combo, air screw measurement, and needle jet height registration. The high rpm idle no longer happened. It was at the mid, also when i released or turned off the choke the bike did not come too close to stalling either, nor did i have rush to set the idle screw right, it was a smooth maneuver. The bike is running with around 1500 rpms - the dial between the 1&2 . At this time i was testing what i believe is the throttle response- i quickly snapped it open at different lengths like 1/8 to half open to 3/4 and everything in-between. I did not do fully wide open, it sounded nice.

Next thing you know i see a decent amount of semi dark colored oil leaking from the area of where my stator is located / on the left side near to where my clutch pedal may be. So far i have opened my stator case and there was a significant amount of oil splattered on the end that contains the magnet wheel and small mini chain link. I could be wrong but i dont remember ever seeing oil inside all other times when i have access the stator , i think the chain was greasy and the rest dry, but i could be wrong.

Now im asking all veterans engineers mechanics whomever on this platform that may have either the experience or mechanical know how that may be able to tell me a quick step by step method on how i can fix this please. As far as identifying where the leak is coming from im assuming its from a failed gasket. I ordered a gasket kit and i plan to start in the area by disassembling the components one by one where the leak was in and just continue to work my way through until i feel satisfied that i have replaced the faulty gasket.

Im also asking is there an official diagram/schematics of this particular engine? Are there any instructions or step by step procedure somewhere that shows how to correctly remove and access the major areas on the bike. For example based on what i see it looks as though if i want to remove a component to get access to a gasket in the engine area, i will have to loosen rear wheel bolt to remove tension on the chain or possibly remove all together so i can remove the sprocket so i can get access to whatever im trying to remove. You know i would love any kind of instructions like that for safe preservation of the parts during the replacement and to expedite the process rather than to freestyle it.

My apologies for the lengthy request i thought all details may be necessary for clarity to successfully understand and diagnose my problem, or even provide an alternative to what i believe i have to do in order to fix it. Would any kind of those stop leak engine oil additives work in this case?

I have read through soo many of these question and answer forums and ive learned so much, so many knowledgeable people and many successful conclusions, i just hope this one is just as victorious. Thanks in advance i truly appreciate any assistance towards this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E157A70D-804B-4A13-9A60-B9A02AD68C43.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	31126   Click image for larger version

Name:	06A50774-E6C1-422C-8D53-55EE6BDFFF35.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	31127   Click image for larger version

Name:	C7B7894A-4B3E-459B-9195-CD6DDD8C3D53.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	31128  

Old 04-02-2024, 03:37 PM   #2

Long post indeed! Short thought though, over oiling the chain or to much oil in the engine. Over filling the oil could cause the problem. I doubt you have a gasket problem on such a new engine, but this is just my thought…

Old 04-02-2024, 06:59 PM   #3

Try thoroughly cleaning the entire area behind the front sprocket with brake or contact cleaner, and then start and run the bike, keeping a close eye on the oil seal behind the sprocket. As stated above, if the crankcase is overfilled, the pressure buildup will push the excess oil out at the weakest point - usually a seal, be it the sprocket, shift shaft, or kickstarter.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Long post indeed! Short thought though, over oiling the chain or to much oil in the engine. Over filling the oil could cause the problem. I doubt you have a gasket problem on such a new engine, but this is just my thought…
Hey i was doubting the same thing but i may have have stressed out the mechanics with my high rpm idling. I over oiled once before, but the excess was released from the hose in the back of the engine, this time it was released from between the stator housing and first rear sprocket. Im just going to see if about replacing the gasket that surrounds the oil casing if i can.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Try thoroughly cleaning the entire area behind the front sprocket with brake or contact cleaner, and then start and run the bike, keeping a close eye on the oil seal behind the sprocket. As stated above, if the crankcase is overfilled, the pressure buildup will push the excess oil out at the weakest point - usually a seal, be it the sprocket, shift shaft, or kickstarter.
Hey , that has happened before, an over filling issue. Before i start disassembling anything i will clean it up and start bike to see if i can be certain on where the leak is coming from. I have already disconnected the stator but its a simple reconnection.

Let me also mention most of the time when the bike suffered heavy vibration from a high rpm idle the bike was on the leaning stand/ both wheels planted - this time when it leaked it was on the center stand with the rear wheel off the ground and it vibrated so rough it made the rear wheel spin, chain rotating and everything - i wonder if that had something to do with it since there was on weighted stress in that area . A little on the front tire and the rest on the center stand. Im going to investigate later in the morning, thanks so far for your input so far @dirtbkr188 and @J4Fun def appreciate it