Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #1

Head Scratching Hawk 250 tuning help pleeeeaaase!!!!!

Before I start just know I’m at sea level I live on the beach in Mississippi… Hi, I recently purchased a 2021 hawk 250 completely stock and have built it up pretty good. Currently it has a catless exhaust, nibbi PE30 carb, 45t rear sprocket, 17t front sprocket, niche chain, and a bunch of other cosmetic mods. Anyways my problem is the jetting I just cannot seem to figure it out on the nibbi, some days it’s perfect then others it runs terrible… but mostly it’s the idle, the idle seems to change day to day or even hour to hour. I’ve tried the stock jetting the nibbi came with (130 main 40 pilot) and even tried some of the other jets it came with (122, 125, 128 main and 35 pilot) I’ve moved the needle position multiple times and just can’t get it to idle right. Most of the time I have to let it idle at like 1800-2000 rpm or it will die upon initial acceleration when I let the clutch out I know they are supposed to idle around 1500 but I just can’t get there without it wanting to die I’ve needed wit the air and idle screw as much as I can it’ll run fine most days but sometimes it will start cutting out and sound like it’s choking all the way at top end. PLEAAASE HELP!!!!

WEEK LATER UPDATE: Just installed my new PE28 instead of the PE30 and all my problems are solved went with a 42 pilot and 125 main and the thing rips before it struggled to stay at 63 and today it hit 67 no issues at all and was still going just ran outve room to keep accelerating. Anyways no more hesitation, choking, bogging NOTHING it runs beautifully starts up completely cold without any issues and it’s pretty cold outside here too so the thing is cold cold. So if anyone is reading this and is thinking of a PE30 DONT GET IT get the pe28 I lost no performance or power and tbh I think I gained some from downsizing.

Last edited by GaryF11; 10-18-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Tags
hawk250, hawk250carb, jetting, nibbi, tuning