Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #1

smart buying

Hello everybody,
My name is Tammy I have worked for TAOTAO USA for over 5 years now. I deal directly with dealers but form time to time I try to help out consumers. one of the biggest problems I have is people who order product from online web sites. I would like to give you all some tips when buying a Chinese product from the Internet.
1.) When you decide to make a purchase please make sure you write down the web site and their contact information. If you are ordering from a web site and they do not have a phone number. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
2.) If you have a problem with the item when it arrives call the company you purchased from. The manufacture is not the company you purchased it from.
3.) All warranty and shipping issues will be handled with the company you purchased from. If they tell you to contact the manufacture for warranty parts don't trust them. Ask them this question before you give them your money.
4.) Just because the product was shipped from the manufacture does not mean they sold it to you. The manufacture sold it to a dealer. All warranty that is given by the manufacture is given to the dealers.

This is the biggest problem I have is people who purchase product from some random web site and are not happy with the purchase. They then call me and yell at me. I did not sell you the merchandise please quit yelling at me. I did not take your money, and yes I do stand behind the product we sell. However I have no sympathy for some one who does not do their homework before making a purchase. There are several drop ship dealers on the internet that do a great job. Family Go Karts, SL Powersports to name just a couple. I work with these guys everyday and they are awesome. Their customer service is great. They are legitimate and they are here to stay. DO NOT purchase anything out of the back of someones truck. DO NOT purchase from a web site if they don't have a phone number. Call the phone number and speak with someone BEFORE you buy. I wish I could stop all unauthorized drop shippers but I can't. I am only one person. This advice goes for all Chinese product not just TAOTAO.

Well enough of me ranting for now. Let me know what everybody else thinks.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #2

Good advise. Thank you for the comments and the contribution.

Here at Chinariders we have figured out, for the most part, who the good people are to work with on line, and who to avoid.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #3

Wecome to these forums, Tammy; we are glad you joined us! Thank you for posting the good information; all of us need to be wise consumers.

Since you are affiliated with Tao Tao, we ask you to please update your signature to reflect your dealer/distrubutor status. To make this change, click the "Profile" button seen at the top of every web page. When you reach the Profile Page, fill in the "Signature" box with the appropriate information. Also, we ask you to please read the Dealer/Vendors Sticky in the Rules of the Road Forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=2643

Once again, welcome to these forums, and thank you for posting the excellent advice for buyers of Chinese bikes!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #4

Since your company is the point of shipment I am afraid you are responsible for your product. Claiming that the fly by night website dealers are responsible is a cop out on your firms part. Your advice is good when it comes to checking out these dealers on the part of a consumer. Your firm should have in place mechanisms to do the same. You should not sell to those that do not honor customer satisfaction.

TaoTao should not sell to dodgy dealers and wash their hands of the affair. Warranties from the manufacture should be honored at any licensed dealer or if necessary from you directly. You do not buy a Toyota from a dealer and have Toyota not honor its Warranty. Dealers can always come and go. Stand behind your product!

It is unfortunate you personally bear the brunt of dissatisfied customers. Your firm needs to put in place some better business practices. I have recently purchased one of you atvs and am happy with it. There are much room for improvements to it but I did my research ahead of time and knew mostly what to expect.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4
Since your company is the point of shipment I am afraid you are responsible for your product. Claiming that the fly by night website dealers are responsible is a cop out on your firms part. Your advice is good when it comes to checking out these dealers on the part of a consumer. Your firm should have in place mechanisms to do the same. You should not sell to those that do not honor customer satisfaction.

TaoTao should not sell to dodgy dealers and wash their hands of the affair. Warranties from the manufacture should be honored at any licensed dealer or if necessary from you directly. You do not buy a Toyota from a dealer and have Toyota not honor its Warranty. Dealers can always come and go. Stand behind your product!

It is unfortunate you personally bear the brunt of dissatisfied customers. Your firm needs to put in place some better business practices. I have recently purchased one of you atvs and am happy with it. There are much room for improvements to it but I did my research ahead of time and knew mostly what to expect.
Very well put.
I understand Tammy's frustration and anger getting yelled at about less than reputable dealers. At the same time, I hope she can understand some of the frustrations we have as consumers of China Bikes.
Understanding that China bikes are trying to get a foothold for sales here in the USA, support from the manufacturing/shipping side would be a plus in my book.

As Matt said, stand behind your product. Just as an example, I wouldn't buy another Nissan product if I had an issue away from home and couldn't get it serviced at a Nissan dealer.
I have similar problems buying Radio Control equipment, though in reverse. Once the sale is made, most dealers won't provide any service, it has to go through the manufacturer or distributor. I buy my equipment from the company that has provided me the best service in the past.
Just my opinion.
Bill

Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #6

I would agree a consumer needs to do their digging on where to buy and who to buy from.

However, a manufacuter needs to also do the same due dilligence on who they select as dealers for their product.

Tammy you need to be a partner with your dealers and your customers. You can't blame the bad dealers and/or dumb consumers for problems you have in your distribution network. If you don't see that as a company you'll never bring your product into North America as a well respected brand.