Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #1

Zongshen Of America? Out of Miami.

I have a friend who got a dealership with Zongshen last year, other than the initial order he is not impressed with the service. He likes the products, but does not think he is going to order any more.

What have you guys been hearing. I gave my friend lots of positive info on the Zongs, but they must be having issues. Like so many China Bikes!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #2

I'm wondering what is going on as well. The bikes are good, the price is great, but why can't Zongshen America support parts? Anyones guess?

It also steams me that the Zongshen discussion group won't send me a reply so I can joing the group. Hey, I'm beating on the door. Sell me some product!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #3

This I think is a big part of CB's poor reputation. At least Zong owners can default to Yamaha parts in many cases.

Q parts, IMHO, are overpriced but are easily available on their website with a click and 95% of parts are in stock in the USA and ship fast. I'd also be inclined to use a Suzuki part, and have in the past too.

With Spud as a parts dealer, many Zong owners will be helped, a lot.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #4

Here's a dumb question. Are there still any new factory Zongs being sold? any 2010's?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #5

If you are interested, you can try to call Manny at 305.500.9989 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting  Ã‚ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ305.500.9989à ‚ÂÂÂÂÂend_of_the_skype_highlighti ng. If they had a clue they would be monitoring this site, and fill us in. Things are not good, and I do know they were going to replace the 200 with a 150. I guess with that move we can assume they are not good business managers.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #6

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/1926332731.html

They rotated owners over here, there was a local dealer but they also stopped selling them....I think they said they would not order more.

Everytime I check craigslist there is alway at least one 200GY or a GS250 for sale.

I think that Zongshen America is a subsidiary of the giant...

the dealer stopped becuase the alst one they had they wanted $1,900.00 for it and got at least that for the previous bikes. We all know the story.

You can or could call them in Miami and ask for a dealer closest to you, then call the dealer for a part. I could more then likely get parts locally through the dealer that sold them here. I really doubt they would deny them access or refuse to offer parts to customers. But it would not be fast but the connections do exist. You would only have to email miami and ask for the closest dealer to you and that your parts source...not them directly. Dealer do not want then to sell direct, they make money on parts, it how parts department operate.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #7

Zongshen is a huge company. U.S. motorcycle sales are an extremely small portion of their overall business. Also, companies Buy Zongshen engines to put in private label brands. Then the consumer thinks they have a Zongshen Motorcycle, and calls Zongshen or an authorized Zongshen dealer looking for parts. Zongshen America has only imported a few scooter, atv and motorcycle styles. They also, support the motorcycles they import with parts.
Several times I discussed with Zongshen about parts and retail business. They want consumers to go to Zongshen dealers. They have no desire for retail parts sales. I spoke with them again today and asked them to put a list of their dealers on there website so riders can contact the closest dealer.
(931) 759-4848

Old 09-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #8

When Cavan was the General Manager of Zong. Miami he brought in way too many 2006 Storm's, and Gy200's. The scooters moved okay during the gas hike. So a few of the 200gy dual sports are still available. Zongshen has been waiting to send new models until inventory was depleted to lower levels. We should be seeing the 2010, 2011 Cylone bikes soon.
(931) 759-4848

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #9

That is good news. Would members be able to go through you to get parts for their bikes.

Spud is working on being a parts dealer for Zongshen since the lost of Phil or previous dealer.

Allen

Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #10

Yes I can help with parts. If Spud becomes a dealer I am sure he would be another good source.
(931) 759-4848

Old 09-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #11

If you can please update your signature with your phone and website.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #12

Hey, Lynchburg...I'll have to go visit.
Bill

Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #13

C'mon down. We are open Wed-Sun 10-5. October 23rd is the Jack Daniel's World Championship BBQ. It's a great time. Weekends bikers of all kinds come hang out.
(931) 759-4848

Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #14

Thanks for the update. Will try to stop by on one of my trips through your area.

Allen