Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #1

Head Scratching Always an interest, literally given my first opportunity

Hey everybody!

I've always liked the idea of owning a dirt bike to ride around, but money, time, and my area never allowed it to be a possibility.

Until last week. My neighbor is moving out, and offers me his 2005 Newstar DB500. I ask how much, he tells me to just wheel it into my garage and it's mine.

So I got busy with work, the guy moves, and gives me little to no info on the bike (no papers either...smh), I'm going to look up the VIN and see the status of the bike when I get home, but I'm still kind of excited to get it apart and running again.

I'm completely new to all this and I don't even know how to properly turn the damn thing on since I haven't got a manual, and all the indicators for the ignition have rubbed off... And honestly, I wouldn't know what the hell to do anyhow.

So I'm sure I'll have a TON of questions, so please be gentle!

Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #2

Howdy do. I’m in the Far NW burbs and MAY be able to lend a hand when I’m not on the road for work. Be advised that getting a title replaced in Illannoy is an onerous process.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #3

Welcome to the neighborhood..I'm down in east central Hellinois....and cheesy isn't kidding about the red tape circle jerk on the title. Just be patient..... If you've never ridden before I highly recommend taking the class.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #4

Welcome!!!! it is exciting and thrilling to get something running....a great personal satisfaction. This forum is a great place to hang out and ask questions as there is tons of knowledge here.

congrats! I also agree with taking a class.

keep us posted ok post some pixs ok
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".