Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #1

I'm having a positive experience with my RX3 and posted on the Canadian Moto Guide comments section reflecting that. It seems that ADVrider thread started out that way then the bikes showed up and real-life reports came in which are pretty much all very good. The trolls seem to have vanished on that thread save the patented advrider post about "it weighs to much". They won't be satisfied unless a 245 pound 1000cc Africa Twin comes out for 7999 dollars.

I'm new to Chinarider but the crowd here is much more interested in knowledge and problem solving then bashing a bike for it's origin.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
I have found even on the TW200 forum (which I am sad to see) the "China made" hate or dislike if you will, you know it is made in China it must be junk. Or you hear the snotty comment it is not a BMW or a Tiger etc. Well it is not a $20,000 dollar bike either. People put down it's power but again it is not a 1200cc bike. It is odd no one seems to compare apples to apples. I like to be fair if they compared it to a Honda CRF250L or the likes they would find more balanced ground even though there is no other bike really in the RX3s class.
I was surprised to see the hypocrisy about RX3 power and engine size on the TW forum, since it caters to the 200cc motorcycle crowd. One member finally commented on that, and I literally laughed out loud.

I love my TW, and because I love it so much, I'm quite open minded about similar displacement bikes. All of my bikes are 250 and under. Yes, I'd like to have a 350 or 400 China dual sport one day, but I'm quite happy with my little bikes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 AM   #3

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I was surprised to see the hypocrisy about RX3 power and engine size on the TW forum, since it caters to the 200cc motorcycle crowd. One member finally commented on that, and I literally laughed out loud.

I love my TW, and because I love it so much, I'm quite open minded about similar displacement bikes. All of my bikes are 250 and under. Yes, I'd like to have a 350 or 400 China dual sport one day, but I'm quite happy with my little bikes.
That is also what took me by surprise TW200 12hp seems to be enough for the TW, but for some reason ADV bikes seem to need 120hp I find the riding I do that a 250 is enough, my problem was we only had two choices dirt or street. Until the RX3 we had no comfortable ADV worthy choice. I find the Ural forum to be much like this one most all expect to work on their bikes share their fixes and have put on their foil helmets and are ready to ride.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
...I find the Ural forum to be much like this one most all expect to work on their bikes share their fixes and have put on their foil helmets and are ready to ride.
You came to the right place, Keith. You have the China Riders spirit.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
You came to the right place, Keith. You have the China Riders spirit.
Spud,

I have seen some of your post over at TW200 as well.
I thank you for all you are doing for the sport I love non bias riders
I also joined the other RX3 forums as I see many people here have as well.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #6

This is, by far, the most positive, welcoming and friendly forum I've had the pleasure of participating in. I learn a great deal on this forum, and the response/support from the rider community is amazing. It's interesting on other forums (all other forums, not just RX-3 Cyclone forums) as there's usually a few strong egos. I have learned to just lurk and read those forums. But the great exchange of info here (and honestly, the support from the "in the know" RX-3 riders that know how good the product is) really adds to the ownership experience.

Many thanks to Spudrider and Weldandgrind as the moderators here for making this forum welcoming, informative and lively!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
This is, by far, the most positive, welcoming and friendly forum I've had the pleasure of participating in. I learn a great deal on this forum, and the response/support from the rider community is amazing. It's interesting on other forums (all other forums, not just RX-3 Cyclone forums) as there's usually a few strong egos. I have learned to just lurk and read those forums. But the great exchange of info here (and honestly, the support from the "in the know" RX-3 riders that know how good the product is) really adds to the ownership experience.

Many thanks to Spudrider and Weldandgrind as the moderators here for making this forum welcoming, informative and lively!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I'm having a positive experience with my RX3 and posted on the Canadian Moto Guide comments section reflecting that. It seems that ADVrider thread started out that way then the bikes showed up and real-life reports came in which are pretty much all very good. The trolls seem to have vanished on that thread save the patented advrider post about "it weighs to much". They won't be satisfied unless a 245 pound 1000cc Africa Twin comes out for 7999 dollars.

I'm new to Chinarider but the crowd here is much more interested in knowledge and problem solving then bashing a bike for it's origin.
Thanks for the positive comments, guys. We try very hard to keep this a fun shop to hang out in. This is a terrific community.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
...Nearly all of the people who come to this board are here to exchange ideas and to learn about new things; there are very few negative boys here. Chinariders has done an admirable job in attracting a good crowd...
Quote:
Thanks for the positive comments, guys. We try very hard to keep this a fun shop to hang out in. This is a terrific community.
X2; thanks for posting the kind words, Joe.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post

Thank you for your kind words, RT. We work hard to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere at these forums. Fortunately, we mostly attract friendly, helpful people to these forums, such as yourself.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #10

Keith, have you ordered an RX3 yet?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #11

on-hand parts

What parts would you RX3 riders tend to want to have on-hand in your garage for those just-in-case repairs?

Old 10-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
What parts would you RX3 riders tend to want to have on-hand in your garage for those just-in-case repairs?
Did you mean other than the usual oil, oil filters, headlight bulb, chain lube, etc?

If so, I'd probably keep a spare inner tube around, spare counter sprocket nut and locking plate (though this isn't needed if you check the counter sprocket an regularly and put a witness mark on it), spare chain... that's about it. The bike has proven to be very reliable thus far, and I think Joe has been very forthright about what has needed changing. (Mainly the chain which wears out around 6,000 miles.) Other than these three items, which will strand you if they puncture or break, I can't think of anything else that you wouldn't be able to source replacement or temporary parts to effect a fix on the road or in garage until CSC can send out proper replacement parts. What do other RX-3 riders think?

Old 10-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Keith, have you ordered an RX3 yet?
Not yet I was in on the group buy at TW200 forum just waiting to see what happens. I may not order until after the first of the year.

My Ural (my primary vehicle) is stripped down for re-painting and de-rusting.
Road salt really takes its toll on the Ural. It will be the first winter in 4 years that I use a cage for transportation. So I just bought a 2015 Mini Cooper to use over the winter.

The Goldwing most likely will go up for sale in the spring, trying to go smaller. The TW I am debating on keeping or not. I need to make room for another bike. I was also thinking if I buy now and do not get to ride it till spring I a using up warranty time while it is sitting in my garage

Old 10-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #14

CSC Canadian offer

I know the current exchange rate sucks for you guys but it's nice to see CSC step up and try to offset some of the pain. I'm sure the haters on other boards will spew forth ugliness but I think it's a classy act and applaud them (CSC not the mindless haters).

Old 10-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I know the current exchange rate sucks for you guys but it's nice to see CSC step up and try to offset some of the pain. I'm sure the haters on other boards will spew forth ugliness but I think it's a classy act and applaud them (CSC not the mindless haters).
I agree. And I was going to post something on the Canadian Moto site to say that they shouldn't miss the boat (as I did) as it's a great deal that won't be replicated, especially if they can get a buddy (or coordinate via the internet) to have bikes shipped to a central location to save on the shipping fees. That alone would save some serious money.