Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #1

ZS190 on pitster pro

I finally pulled the plug on a 190cc. I saw the coupon for pitster pro a while back here on CR. just wanted to say the coupon ZS190 still works. brings the motor down to 640 after shipping. much more reasonable in my opinion. I'm excited to get back on my clone, its been almost two years. Mud season is so bad around here I got plenty of time left to bring my bike back to spec. Hope this helps!

Old 03-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

cant wait to see this

Old 03-29-2019, 11:48 AM   #3

It came in today. 6 days from Utah to Maine under the cheapest shipping option. Well packaged.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
I finally pulled the plug on a 190cc. I saw the coupon for pitster pro a while back here on CR. just wanted to say the coupon ZS190 still works. brings the motor down to 640 after shipping. much more reasonable in my opinion. I'm excited to get back on my clone, its been almost two years. Mud season is so bad around here I got plenty of time left to bring my bike back to spec. Hope this helps!

I am looking at many options because I'm not entirely sure I want to use all the power a ZS190cc engine makes in my little Vader. I have heard even the 140cc engines or the 141/146cc Big Bore Kits available for the stock 125cc engine for $150 get the bike to a top speed around 65mph, which is probably the limit for how fast I want to ride a clone. However, I'm still decideing whether or not I would really really want the extra low end torque, acceleration and hill climb ability the zs190cc offers vs the YX made 140cc s bad enough to go thru the extra trouble of fitting a ZS190cc vs what seems to be an easier route of swapping in a new 140cc for between $300-$400 or even the easiest option seems to be the $150 141/146cc Big Bore Kit piston and cylinder. People have said taht adding a cam and/or new race head to the 140's new engine or bbk really helps also, but I doubt I would spend the extra $250-$300 or so bucks for the head because that would bring the total cost to such a high price it wouldn't seem worth it to me for what I get out of it in terms of performance/power when I ride it, plus the added resale value considerations for if and when I ever sell the complete bike or just the engine.

I'm still trying to decide what I want based on my performance needs of not wanting to go above 60-70MPH for daily cruising on flat ground, I do have some 100 to 200 foot hills near my house I climb regularly on my bike and the biggest "mountain" in town peaks at about 900-950 feet--which is roughly a 700 foot climb in elevation from the starting point at the base with a fairly steep grade--currently I do not go on that hill because my bike probably wouldnt easily climb it much above 30mph, maybe could hit 35moh and the speed limit is 40mph on it. Most roads I travel will be 40mph speed limits or under, although the highest I would regularly ride are 45mph and the highest limits I plan to ride the little clone on are probably 50mph roads.

I fanyone has any thoughts or reccomendations on what I should get, please feel free to comment--I would appreciate any insight y'all have. I might post this elsewhere to start a new thread and maybe get more answers.

All that being said, the original reason I started this post is because I checked out the coupon the OP Phildo mentioned and it still works! www.pitsterpro.com get the 190cc engine (listed as a 190cc GPX Moto) and type zs190 into the coupon code to bring down the price including delivery to a total of just under $641!!! What a steal!! I haven't seen it anywhere cheaper, but if anyone is reading this and knows of ANY cheaper prices on a 190cc or ANY good prices on any complete engines, big bore kits or anything for any of our China Bikes (and especially for my Gen 1 Vader!) Please share it with me personally or with the group as a New Thread or Post on an existing thread!! Thanks for reading, please remember to Ride Safe, be responsible and have fun in life!! Peace

This engine includes:
Kick Starter
Gear Shifter
Manifold & Gasket
Coil Pack
Start Relay
Rectify
Rubber Adaptor
Wiring Harness

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-08-2019, 11:29 PM   #5

The owner of Kronik said Pitster's price is lower than what Pitster sells the engines to him...he cannot compete. As far as parts and knowledge, contact Kronik.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-09-2019, 01:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The owner of Kronik said Pitster's price is lower than what Pitster sells the engines to him...he cannot compete. As far as parts and knowledge, contact Kronik.

Yup I agree with you...AND to speculate a bit, on sites like Alibaba they have the same ZS190cc listed at $250-$300 for a MOQ of 20-30 engines...not sure if they get bulk shipping rates or what that looks like but man they might be making a hundred bucks or even two or Im guessing $300 probably at most even after shipping depending if they get a good or a really great deal on shipping and if they get an even better bulk price than what I listed on getting hundreds of engines at a time--which they probably do get a better price than $300 each, at least for the entire kit, maybe $200 or less for each engine plus $50 to $100 per engine or each engine+kit is what I will speculate with my basic info.

I asked around Alibaba trying to get a motorcycle that is normally not sold in the USA awhile back--I even pretended to be a business asking for a 1 motorcycle sample order with the promise of doing more business. I got a couple answers from people who didn't really want to make the deal and even one person who knew I think knew I wasn't a business but asked me what emissions specs I needed and asked for my business ID to mess with me or disqualify me as a buyer. The couple different people who answered told me it would be at least between $300-$600 for shipping a whole bike depending on which one I went with and it might even get seized in customs for emissions violations because the normally imported brand new bikes I guess are certified for emissions and put on a list so even if they had a brand new bike that might pass CARB standards, if it is new and not on that list it might at least get held by customs and incurr extra headaches maybe some kind of extra cost and at least cost time.

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to fast92rs Send a message via MSN to fast92rs Send a message via Yahoo to fast92rs
would ordering this bracket make the swap easier?
https://www.steadygarage.com/store/c...honda-grom-125

Old 02-14-2020, 01:46 AM   #8

Coupon still works.