Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #16

After having dealt with Gio, now I feel confident if I need parts, I would likely have better luck on eBay... I can get similar shocks, only they appear to not have the issues of the Gio shock for around the same price, and then at least the seller is somewhat held accountable by the feedback, which isn't an option with Giobikes .com. There is feedback there, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

I sent another email to John now that he's had some time, I assume it will go unanswered like the last 2.

Quote:
Hello John, I was just wondering if now that you've had some time, if you are willing to reconsider your stance, or if you are still holding the position that you will not reply to my emails, or offer any further customer support and stand behind your products? I know you either don't believe me, or are telling me you don't believe me, and that I am simply trying to rip you off, however I do not want another set of defective shocks, I want to return these shocks to you for a refund. If my intent was to scam you for free shocks I don't see how returning them would benefit me. I only want to be back at square one so I can take my money and buy shocks off ebay that are not defective (and are comparable in cost). Let me be clear, if these Gio shocks were not defective and functioned as intended I would be perfectly happy to keep them. Thanks again for your time.

Jim

Old 02-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #17

Hey Jim, Sorry to hear about your issues, it sucks when a business isn't willing to work towards a solution.

If you'd like I have a bin of shocks in the back of the shop, I'm not sure what they are for but your welcome to come by and see if something will work for you.

Cheers,

Art.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #18

Art, you have some shocks upstairs with the quad tires and rims as well. Thanks for letting me root around there today.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #19

Thanks Art, I will keep it in mind, though we may end up disassembling these ones and trying to repair them, not sure how successful that will be so I will keep you guys in mind. For now I'm just leaving them to see if I ever hear from John again.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #20

No problem your still welcome to check out my goods, I would be interested to know what parts I have that are interchangeable to the Gio's

Thanks for the lesson today weldangrind, I really appreciated you going out of your way to help me out.

I look forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer as I am relatively new to the Chinese products.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #21

Nice to meet you, Art. You are lucky to live in the greatest world concentration of knowledgeable and generous Chinariders. SW BC is the epicenter for western CB culture! :P

Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #22

Doc we have a nice airport too :wink:

Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #23

Gotta get my passport :roll: . I'll need it anyway. I want to fly to Alaska via the NWT/Alaskan Highway route next summer.

I'd love to visit the epicenter! :P

Old 02-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #24

I think I have a passport but I've misplaced it Sounds like a good trip you have planned.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #25

I understand being careful, I understand that things can be individual misunderstanding and I also understand that people can make mistakes. All of that said, this company is obviously at fault in attitude at least and I am inclined to believe the OP also about the facts.

SO WHY THE HELL ARE THEY STILL SITE SPONSORS?

Demand an immediate response as a forum on behalf of not just your valued moderator and participant but ALL the members likely to assume that sponsorship has an implicit support from the forum.

What ever bucks they may kick in are tainted dollars and should be declined. I am truly surprised so few have posted in on this thread. I may live the other side of the world, and I am imperfect myself, but dammit, this is simple rip-off and lack of customer care. NO-ONE interested in truly fostering the purchase, use and maintenance into the future of chinabikes can afford to pretend to be non-partisan in such matters when they are as obvious as this.

These forums are not just for poor, hard-done-by, poverty-stricken fools to commiserate over the crap we may have bought, they are for interested, intelligent riders to make simple free choices and communicate in such a way that we get improvement in design, support and understanding. Rip off is rip off , rudeness is rudeness whatever the language and wherever in the world is the dealer. We DO NOT need banners ads for such bastards.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #26

Unfortunately websites do require money to keep them running, to pay for hosting and domains and so on. Frostbite has been very strict that he does not allow sponsorship/ads to interfere with honest reviews and opinions. Sponsoring does not guarantee only favorable posts, and Frostbite has stood up for that. That is why posts such as this have not been disallowed or hidden, I believe Frostbite has a lot of integrity on this matter. Also I am not sure on the details of the sponsor/advertising agreement, there may be a contract as well.

That said I do understand what you're saying and that is also part of why I wanted to make my experiences with them known. As well as why it is a link in my signature.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Unfortunately websites do require money to keep them running, to pay for hosting and domains and so on. Frostbite has been very strict that he does not allow sponsorship/ads to interfere with honest reviews and opinions. Sponsoring does not guarantee only favorable posts, and Frostbite has stood up for that. That is why posts such as this have not been disallowed or hidden, I believe Frostbite has a lot of integrity on this matter. Also I am not sure on the details of the sponsor/advertising agreement, there may be a contract as well.

That said I do understand what you're saying and that is also part of why I wanted to make my experiences with them known. As well as why it is a link in my signature.
X2 on everything Jim said.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #28

That is still not good enough in my opinion. I would not be one half as tolerant.

Forums are a modern form of community, one which allows and has to tolerate a lot of strangeness and difference because of its worldwide reach and almost anonymous nature. The same applies to the whole of the Internet. It allows companies to thrive in a new medium of advertising but when they act in an antisocial manner they should, must be interrogated rigorously by the forum which in this case acts as a whole individual (in a manner similar to a company).

There is very little policing and legality on the 'net, a good thing, and THAT is a reason why we have to act powerfully ourselves to question and balance such perceived bad behaviour. Else it becomes chaos, a ghetto where only the rich and powerful survive.

I think the world has seen enough of Companies not held to account, with rich directors making much money and then being held unaccountable for the suffering they start, that then snowballs into major consequences.

The consequences of not taking this company publicly to task (and exonerating it if so found) are that we all lose., not just one member. In the interest of balance and fairness, I propose a banner ad alongside the tainted, purchased one, donated by the good will of the 'site owner' (who is really just a custodian) which says 'THIS COMPANY IS SUSPECT.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #29

Here are a few more from people who think Gio is bad..

http://www.xomreviews.com/giobikes.com

Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #30

Hey Jim,

I've been taking a break from the forums of late and am just reading this now.. sorry to hear you had this issue from Gio.

I have not dealt with them in almost a year and it seems there's more trouble brewing there.

I do hope for you that 'someone' see's the light and makes this right. I for one remember the leaking shocks post here and maybe I'm one of the lucky ones to get the black springed units.

It amazes me that John, would blame you for the shocks not holding pressure..that 'two sets is unacceptable' line is a real eye opener!
Very odd.