Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2024, 09:19 PM   #1

Hawk 250 vs Brozz 250

So I’ll be purchasing a 250cc in the near future. We got my son a Hawk 250 for this past Christmas. It’s a great little bike, but I’ve read that the Brozz has better suspension. Any insight would be great!

Thanks
Yak
2014 Ram 1500

Old 01-04-2024, 09:43 PM   #2

Hawk has a version with counterbalanced engine on both the HawkX, and some DLX. The DLX has fuel injection,and inverted forks,and adjustable rear shock ,but both bikes have the same box tubing swingarm rear. The Brozz has counterbalanced motor,the inverted forks, adjustable rear shock, and a much better swingarm, and is carbureted. My Brozz also had a better seat. That being said it seems like the thin forks like the non DLX Hawks use hold up pretty well, and I think the square tubing swingarm is ok, for most conditions, for most people, but I have heard of the bending, but the rims are actually the most common failure that seems to occur with people who ride in harsh conditions, or fail to check spokes. The bad thing about the Brozz now, or at least a country months ago ,when I was looking at getting a new bike, Shipping was not free from Peace,like it was when I bought my first one, and by the time,I would pay shipping,I was really close to what the KPX was, so I bought it. I personally like the CG for the real low rpm power, but I wouldn't pay the same for a CG bike, as one of the newer OHC offerings, but to get back to the point, I concidering the Brozz better, but not necessarily a better deal, price wise, as compared to the Hawk, or HawkX. If fuel injection is a big plus for you the DLX is possibly the way to go between the bikes you mention . I personally think the box tubing swingarms may look worse than they actually are, but the Brozz definitely has a better one. I don't know if Brozz rims are any better though.
I am editing this, because I read your post wrong, I thought you were trying to make a choice between buying a Hawk, or Brozz

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 01-04-2024 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Read post wrong

Old 01-05-2024, 04:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakClimber78 View Post
So I’ll be purchasing a 250cc in the near future. We got my son a Hawk 250 for this past Christmas. It’s a great little bike, but I’ve read that the Brozz has better suspension. Any insight would be great!

Thanks
Yak
Look into the Bashan Storm as well. This is made by same manufacturer as the Brozz. But it has 17", 19" wheels. Mine came with braided steel brake lines too.

But, the bikes you are considering all have the weaker box steel swingarm and plate style chain tensioner, and the seat on these models don't allow you to sit farther back like an Enduro seat. There are bikes with the inverted forks, much better swingarm, AND an Enduro style seat, like the Templars. Better swingarm, foot pegs, better wheels. The Temp X model has the 6 speed too. All things to consider. You can lower the Temp X if seat position is too high.

If you like the seating position of Hawk, you will like the Brozz. Templars give you more for the money, but with taller seating

Xpro Titan DLX is worth a look too. NICE price and has the Enduro seat. It has an OHC version of the 223cc engine too.

Last edited by Thumper; 01-11-2024 at 09:17 AM.

Old 01-08-2024, 05:01 PM   #4

I don't see a Brozz 250 in stock anywhere.........

Peace Sports has been out of them for a while now.

John

Old 01-10-2024, 10:47 PM   #5

After a bit of digging, I’ve noticed that the Templar X250 has similar specs as the Brozz. Is this a bike I should be looking into as well?

Thanks
Yak
2014 Ram 1500

Old 01-11-2024, 07:44 AM   #6

Yes, the Templar is a great machine. Actually all the bikes mentioned here are a great bang for your buck. My .02 is this. The Hawk has the proven, reliable TANK for an engine. Simple, easy to work on, and will go and go. The Bruzz has that same engine but more parts are added (counter balance shaft), but there are reports of even the counter balance motor lasting more miles that most would ever ride one. Brozz having better suspension? Depends how you look at it. The forks on the Hawk are stupid simple to maintain, and even tune to your weight and riding style. The only gripe I have about the suspention on any of the CG ( push rod) bikes, is the rear shock is connected directly to the front of the swing arm. Whereas the Templar, KPX, etc have a linked rear suspension, which is SO dang sweet. My KPX has a better suspension than my brand new Royal Enfield Himalayan. And the Himmy cost TWICE as much as the KPX. Anyway I'll stop rambling.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakClimber78 View Post
After a bit of digging, I’ve noticed that the Templar X250 has similar specs as the Brozz. Is this a bike I should be looking into as well?

Thanks
Yak
Templar really is a completely different style of bike than the dual sports (Brozz, Storm, Hawk, etc). Templar X is an enduro with a flat seat, three or four inches higher off the ground, 5 more horse power (249cc with an OHC engine, not 223cc with a push rod engine), with a much tougher swingarm and an integrated cast axel slot. Braided SS brake lines (dual piston front caliper), cast alloy bearclaw footpegs...and more. And seating position is different. Even the rake on the front forks is steeper (more agile), and it has inverted forks and stronger triple clamps. Templar is much more motorcycle for the money.

Last edited by Thumper; 01-11-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:17 AM   #8

When concidering on what bike to buy recently, I liked the Templar, and Titan bikes, BUT, evidently they are technically off road bikes, and even on the dealership web sights, it says something to the effect that while many people do get them registered, there is no guarantee of being able to. I just didn't want to risk it. When I bought my first Chinese bike a few years ago, I bought the Brozz because I knew it was road legal. It was about $500 more than a base Hawk, and . about the same as a DLX. The Brozz was far nicer than the base Hawk, and I would still take a Brozz over a DLX if priced the same, But at the time I probably would have bought a base Hawk because of the fact that it was only 2/3 the cost . I have a feeling that the Brozz won't be back, at least not with a CG motor, and I would be surprised if the TT250 can survive with a CG. Not because they are bad bikes, just the opposite, because of the fact they are a little better, and must be sold for more. I don't think many people these days will opt for a CG bike that is in the price range of the OHC offerings these days.