Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2024, 09:13 AM   #16

Nice KTM Thumper! That has to be a blast off road. We have some trails to ride around here as well, but not as many as I would like. I figure that I can get more aggressive knobbies when I need them, but in the meantime it's a fun ride to work when it's not raining. (What is it about KPX's bringing rain?)

When I get my garage built I plan to rebuild the old KLR 600 and a Seca 750 I have had a while.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:55 AM   #17

Rule6,
The Seca 750 is a beautiful bike, and nice sport touring ride. Have fun with that!

The KLR is much heavier than the KPX. Maybe swap roles once you get onto that build. Turn the 650 into more of a commuter, and set up the KPX for off road fun. I think the KPX will be much better. It is lighter, has more advanced features like the inverted forks, lighter frame and engine. It would be rewarding off road! The KLR has enough power to be a better road bike, and the extra weight will also help. Just an idea

Old 04-11-2024, 01:43 PM   #18

Good idea about the bikes switching roles. My KLR is the first year with the electric starter. But I think the previous owner used to kick start it while on the sidestand because when I rebuilt the carb and went for a test ride the frame broke off at the kickstand when I parked it. Bummer! Looking forward to working on it.

Tags
which bike?