Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #1

1k Budget. What should I?

I'm currently looking around the internet and having a tough time finding a new gas scooter for 1k or cheaper

Here are some of my finds

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-14...-/182447165713

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...12W-002M-00016

I'm new with the scooter scene so please bare with me.

Does anyone have recommendations? I'm trying to find a trusted seller, a lot of these websites look sketchy.

Thank you
- Remi

Old 02-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #2

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
I'm currently looking around the internet and having a tough time finding a new gas scooter for 1k or cheaper

Here are some of my finds

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-14...-/182447165713

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...12W-002M-00016

I'm new with the scooter scene so please bare with me.

Does anyone have recommendations? I'm trying to find a trusted seller, a lot of these websites look sketchy.

Thank you
- Remi
Good luck with the "trusted seller" as there are not any! The only trusted seller I know of is CSC and I dont know if they even sale scooters any more?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #3

This is supposed to be a real nice scooter. A member here (Jayman) has a pair of them and he's had no issues with them, though it's been a while since he's reported. Also seems right in your budget. It's also "50 state legal" if that makes a difference.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/17640

Here's Jayman's thread for your review.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17404

This vendor has not-so-good reviews like most "big box" China vendors....but Swampy had good luck with them.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
new with the scooter scene . . recommendations
Location . . speed expectations . . motorcycle endorsement . . riding experience (even metro bicycle)?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM   #5

Second this:

Location . . speed expectations . . motorcycle endorsement . . riding experience (even metro bicycle)?

What you want/need to do is the first step in determining what your purchase should be. Don't let the money you have now drive your purchase. Let your needs dictate how much money you need to get something that you'll be happy with for a long time. Personally, I would save up a couple more hundred dollars and get a dual sport or adventure motorcycle and have that for many years instead of limit myself right from the start. Just my two cents' worth, YMMV. Happy to answer any questions about the bikes in my stable, and how they serve for a particular purpose.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 02-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Second this:

What you want/need to do is the first step in determining what your purchase should be. Don't let the money you have now drive your purchase. Let your needs dictate how much money you need to get something that you'll be happy with for a long time. Personally, I would save up a couple more hundred dollars and get a dual sport or adventure motorcycle and have that for many years instead of limit myself right from the start. Just my two cents' worth, YMMV. Happy to answer any questions about the bikes in my stable, and how they serve for a particular purpose.
And the advice is free (ya get what ya pay for )
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #7

Look over these scooters www.taotao.us and call Alan at Excalibur Motorsports. He answers the phone and promptly responds to email. He is friends with a couple guys at Taotao's West Coast distribution center so if there is ANY issue, he knows exactly who to deal with and get parts for the bike. You will want to research all you can on setting up a scooter since they come in a box needing assembly. There are hundreds of videos on youtube regarding Taotao and any number of other brands--all of them use near-identical engines, so as far as breaking in the engine, any of them can show you what to do, as well as the valves later on.

You haven't specified what size engine you want. If you are licensed you will want a 150cc. If you are in a state which allows you not to worry about a license, you are limited to 50cc scooters. The prices are negligible between the two, but the 50cc bikes will limit you to around 35 mph top speed, whereas if you are licensed and have a 150cc you can cruise at 50+ mph.

Alan at Excalibur 909-591-8800

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard