Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #1

***DO NOT PURCHASE FORM VIVA-MOTORS***

The people at viva-motors are lying, cheating crooks. First, they did the old bait and switch or false advertising bit. They advertised a 200cc water-cooled, twin cylinder cruiser, and showed pictures of a Tank Vision R1. What they sent me was a 200cc, air cooled, single cylinder Brute200, also known as an infamous SUNL LB2004-y. When I brought this to their attention, they had no explanation, but were very quick to update their website, with the correct info and proper pictures.

What makes matters worse, my bike didn’t come with a front wheel. The entire front wheel assembly was missing from the crate. Now I have a $1500 piece of shit sitting in my driveway, that I can’t even use. I have called them regarding replacement parts everyday for the past week. Every single phone call is one lie after another. Jordan in their customer service department (what a joke) is particularly unhelpful. Now my feeling, is that I am not unique in my experiences with viva-motors, so I implore you, please do not order from these crooks.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #2

Hey....Juancho
If you put the bike on a credit card...Do A Charge back with your CC company.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
It looks like Viva is going through a lot of changes...they don't even have 'our' style of the 200gy on their site anymore. It's been replaced by the Terminator. Is that a Roketa name???

I haven't had any issues with Viva, but I haven't had to try out their warranty policy either. We got a kid's ATV through them also, but again, no warranty issues have come up.

I'm glad I got my bike when I did...

Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #4

It sounds like Viva is getting its business plan from SunL...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #5

This is absolutely absurd. This story continues to get worse and worse, and viva-motors is doing nothing to help. My motorcycle will not run correctly. I spent over three hours, trying to tune it up, and it will not idle without dying. I have owned motorcycles for several years. I do all my own work on cars, boats, motorcycles you name it. I can not get this piece of shit to run right. Adjusting the valves later tonight will be my last ditch effort to get this piece of shit running. After that it is off to the dump.

Man have I ever learned my lesson with this one. No more Chinese junk. From now on, I will stick with Honda. My 27 year old Honda CBX ran a thousand times better then this thing, and that's after it sat for a number of years.

By the way, my bike is from SUNL. I don't know what viva-motors is doing sending me a SUNL bike. Anyhow, I realize that I am screwed. Being it is a SUNL bike, I will never get the parts I need to put this thing on the road. What a fucking waste of my time and money.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Man have I ever learned my lesson with this one. No more Chinese junk.
I wouldn't tar all Chinese bikes with the same brush.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #7

Not sure what is going on with viva. They do not communicate very well that is for sure. We put in our request for parts and never heard from them but the parts did show and then I was able to communicate with them through e-mail. We saw the bike you bought but it was obvious by the pictures it was only a single cylinder and we all know to be very careful about what you buy through the net. Randi says to put the idle up to 2000 rpm to get it to idle at first and then read the threads!!! Remember the price you paid and don't expect the quality of a bike 4 times it's price. Anyway we are happy with our bikes.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #8

I would contact Yahoo! Stores. It states that viva-motors uses them. Perhaps they can help a little bit.

I couldn't figure out where their store is located, but if it is in California (or any state for that matter) contact the Better Business Bureau. I say California because they are somewhat strict, especially when it comes to fraud, or misleading dealers. That is why you won't find too many questionable sales companies in California. I am not saying that you won't find any, but the state has hit hard in the past, and companies with questionable practices would rather deal with less harsh states, such as Florida (unless they started cracking down, too).

Keep bugging them, too. Give them a bad mark on Ebay if they sell there. If they are out of California, what city are they in?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #9

I see that they are in the L.A. area in Vernon. Anyone having problems needs to contact the BBB in California. The last I remember, the closest branch was in El Monte, Calif. You could probably get hold of them through the net, as the last time I needed them I did it the old fashioned way, by phone, in the pre-net days of 1995 (not pre-net, but not as popular then).

Once they get contacted by the BBB, their tune should change real fast!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #10

Akonababe,

Not really sure what your point is regarding the single cylinder comment. You obviously did not see the bike I bought, because they have changed all the pictures and description on the website. Up until two weeks ago they had pictures of a Tank Vision R1 on their website. The Tanks Vision R1 is a water-cooled, twin cylinder Honda Rebel clone. Moreover, the description clearly stated twin cylinder water-cooled motor. As soon as I pointed this out to them they immediately updated their website. I was all set to buy my wife a Lifan LF250 Cruiser, but then I saw the Tanks Vision R1 advertised on the viva-motors website, so I bought it instead.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #11

The website still says 2-cylinder, water-cooled. I suggest printing out the page and keeping it for reference, depending on how far you have to take this issue.

http://www.atvsimports.com/motorcycl...c-cruiser.html
or http://www.viva-motors.com/motorcycl...c-cruiser.html

Obviously, the product was not as listed.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #12

Thanks otherride. I have just filed a complaint against the company with the better business bureau.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #13

Good for you, Juancho! I hope you get some kind of solution!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #14

I hear about people that are unhappy with bike and atv's they have ordered online everyday. wrong color, missing parts,broken parts,etc, etc. I'm glad to see your going to do something about it. best of luck to you. hopefully you can send the whole thing back and get your money and buy that lifan you wanted(maby from a dealer).

Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #15

Like theotherrider says get some pictures of their ad where is says two cylinder and liquid cooled. They will contact you eventually especially if you bug them on the phone and then you can show them the page and demand results. We used the phone # they had for potential dealers, they always answer that one. I may have misunderstood things. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Remember bug them on there phone as well as e-mails.