Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

I need to ride

ive been going crazy not being able to ride my quad, i dont have a place to ride..

any one else get a itch to ride that wont go away untill you do get to ride ?

this is why i keep telling myself i need a bike, i live in the city so rding a quad is exactly able to be done unless you have a place to ride. but if i had a bike i could get my fix by just going for a cruse around town..

Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #2

I'd wither and die if I lived in a city...

Dude, you live in the second biggest state in the country how can there not be places to ride? Any BLM land? OHV parks? Ranchers with a sense of humor?

Bikes are much more useable than quads, and I only ride dual sports for that reason. I don't have any dirt only bikes (except for the race spec YZ80 and I won't ride that bike. It's like Christine and wants to kill :evil: )

Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #3

i um drive a mustang, sure there are riding parks but unless i drive the quad up on the roof and strap it down i dont have the means to hual it around.. when i got this i was friends with some people that lived on lake travis, their area was considered county so you could ride quads and stuff from one house to the other and there where spots and you could ride on the lake bed when the water was down. but since im not friends with them anymore i had to go get the quad and bring it back into the city

ive been on the look out for a el cheap ford ranger that needs like paint, and new shocks.. i can do auto body paint very good (self taught) and then have it lifted a little to replace the bad suspension..

but have not come across anything

Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #4

I'm just waiting for snow on the mountains.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #5

GOSH I HATE THAT WHITE STUFF.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #6

Although if we get snow here in The Great Northern Desert, as I call it I'm gonna go NUTS on the ATV!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #7

i just need to find a stupid cheap truck that runs okish..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #8

I bought an old Ranger for the same reason. Love that truck!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #9

my insurance is finally going to drop on the 16th since my last speeding ticket is going to be removed on the 16th so adding another truck to it as liability only shouldnt be to much..

i would love a 95-98 ford f150 short bed regular cab or extended cab does not matter.. i could then build a tent like thing that once the quad is out of the bed of it. put the poles in the 4 corners, a trap wrapped around them and over the top as a make shift truck bed tent so i can take camping and riding trips again..

but a ranger would be perfect to..

Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #10

this si what i want to do soooooo bad, sadly i doubt the china quad would be able to keep up or even handle running that hard for that long

Old 09-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #11

Hey Mike,

Have you considered putting a class 1 hitch on the back of your mustang? You could try to hide it, then you could pick up a lite little ute trailer and get your quad somewhere to ride.

I know it may sound like sacriledge to the 'stang... but my bro in law used to haul a 3 dirt bike trailer with his volvo and it did fine. It's probably your cheapest option.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #12

ive had a few people tell me that and um i just cant do it. i belong to the ford church of latter day stangs and its just against the rules.. i couldnt do that to a stang, ive put getting a bike on hold untill i get a truck.. figure 1500 - 2000 should get me a okish late model ford ranger.. just something that if it gets trashed then it gets trashed. the only time it would be driven is to haul the quad around or for when i get a new flat screen or gotta move...

also been looking into a toyota tundra, wish i could afford the newish models but again a late model like 99-00 2door with the extended cab, throw a 3in lift on it and call it a day..

Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
ive had a few people tell me that and um i just cant do it. i belong to the ford church of latter day stangs and its just against the rules.. i couldnt do that to a stang, ive put getting a bike on hold untill i get a truck.. figure 1500 - 2000 should get me a okish late model ford ranger.. just something that if it gets trashed then it gets trashed. the only time it would be driven is to haul the quad around or for when i get a new flat screen or gotta move...

also been looking into a toyota tundra, wish i could afford the newish models but again a late model like 99-00 2door with the extended cab, throw a 3in lift on it and call it a day..
Figured as much on the 'stang...but I thought I'd toss it out there.

You'll curse your 3" lift everytime you go to load your quad in the back by yourself.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #14

nope, got 2 ideas

1) look on youtube search for how to load a atv, you are looking for a video that says something like how to load a atv in a truck alone or something like that.. its a white lifted f150 truck in the video.. turn the fuel off, lift the front end till the quad is standing up by its self on the rear grab bar.. then scoot it to where you can push it over and the front wheels land on the tail gate.. then lift the rear end up and push it in..

2) buy some ramps, but i dont like riding the atv up into a bed using ramps.. so rig up a winch at the front of the truck bed, and winch it up the ramps..

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #15

I love my 2wd ranger at stock height. Makes loading stuff easy.

You are suppose to find out today if you will be needing a backseat. :wink: