Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #1

TT250: Rims, spokes and options

I'm looking at lacing my own wheels, it's something I'd like to learn to do and I think it would be useful if I get another spoked bike (like an RX3).

Also, when winter comes around I'd like a more durable rear wheel on my TT250, as it's the one piece of the bike that I really struggled to keep winter off, particularly the spoke nipples.

I wouldn't mind an aluminium wheel and stainless spoke kit, but I'm unsure of sizing; I know the tyre size and the fact it's 36 spoke, but that's about it. Rocky Mountain ATV have lots of rim and spoke kits but they're filtered by make & model.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #2

I looked at the tyre markings and I think this rim would work, but I suspect the TT250 rear is a little wider than 2.15, I need to get my ruler which of course I can't find for the life of me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Impact-...-/332049329423

Old 04-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #3

Those should be $89 @ rocky Mountain. Just depends on the shipping comparison. Just choose one of the big name bikes till it meets your spec. of 36 spoke by 2.15 X xx. Yes a pita with the brand name lookup there. If all else fails, phone. I bought 2 jackets here. They are super friendly and helpful.

I heard on the supercross telecast that they (rm atv) bought their employees and their families 1000 tickets for the Utah supercross last weekend.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
I looked at the tyre markings and I think this rim would work, but I suspect the TT250 rear is a little wider than 2.15, I need to get my ruler which of course I can't find for the life of me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Impact-...-/332049329423
Remember, wheel rim width is measure from the inside to the inside...ARH

Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #5

Quote:
I'm looking at lacing my own wheels, it's something I'd like to learn to do and I think it would be useful if I get another spoked bike (like an RX3).

Also, when winter comes around I'd like a more durable rear wheel on my TT250, as it's the one piece of the bike that I really struggled to keep winter off, particularly the spoke nipples.

I wouldn't mind an aluminium wheel and stainless spoke kit, but I'm unsure of sizing; I know the tyre size and the fact it's 36 spoke, but that's about it. Rocky Mountain ATV have lots of rim and spoke kits but they're filtered by make & model.

If you go to youtube-Britannia motorcycles and look for BM 250 Trials Build, chapter 10a and 10b it is the best tutorial on how to lace up a wheel I've ever seen...ARH

Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Those should be $89 @ rocky Mountain. Just depends on the shipping comparison. Just choose one of the big name bikes till it meets your spec. of 36 spoke by 2.15 X xx. Yes a pita with the brand name lookup there. If all else fails, phone. I bought 2 jackets here. They are super friendly and helpful.

I heard on the supercross telecast that they (rm atv) bought their employees and their families 1000 tickets for the Utah supercross last weekend.

TT250 rear rim is DEF a 2.15" x 18"

Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #7

Quote:

I recommend the Warp9 rims. A size 2.15-18 rim should work well for the rear wheel. A size 1.60-21 rim should work well for the front wheel. Just make sure you get a rim with the correct number of spokes.

I would guess both wheels on your TT250 have 36 spokes. If so, here are two Warp9 rims which should fit.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...erm=warp9+rims

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...erm=warp9+rims

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

Thanks all, this is really useful. I plan to have this done (the rear, at least) before the end of season, I'll document everything as I'm sure it'll be helpful.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks all, this is really useful. I plan to have this done (the rear, at least) before the end of season, I'll document everything as I'm sure it'll be helpful.
I for one, am really looking forward to this. I'd like to get those heavy steel rims off of Mrs 2LZ TT250 and put in some nice stainless spokes.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Tags
rims, spokes, tt250, wheel