Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #1

Head Scratching Has anyone changed rim size on Magician?

I am a new Hawk and Magician owner (could not be happier with these bikes!) and I would like to reduce my wife’s Magician 250 seat height by about 1”. I would also like get a more aggressive set of tires as 90% of the riding we do is trail riding at low to moderate speed, no jumps or shock loading. I have never changed rim size on a bike before but thought this would be a good way to reduce the seat height a little bit while also changing the rims from the odd ball (19”)front rim size to a more common size. Has anyone tried this on the Magician before or have a better idea? Know of a good place to get rims that will fit the stock discs/hubs or should I expect to replace all of it? Shorter cables?
Thanks for any help!

Old 04-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #2

So you'd like to go to a smaller front rim than 19" for trail riding? That's a little different.
Theres a decent choice of knobbys for 19" and allot more for 21". So what size are you wanting to go down to?
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 04-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #3

I was thinking down to 18” hoping to lose as close to an inch in height as possible but I suggest this because I’m not sure of another option when it comes to losing height unless I shorten the rear spring?
I would absolutely consider something different if I could find a knobby 100/80-19 but I have had zero success, if it matters the rim now is 19 x 1.85

Old 04-21-2021, 08:17 PM   #4

There are a bunch of 19" knobbys out there. Not as many as 21" but lots.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 04-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Dunno if this'l work..Just an idea.. There are a number of "lowering links" that can be had for the Honda enduro's...Rear suspension lower links...
I 've only checked one source, motosport.com.....Koubalinks,PSR and others..Prices range up to $150.00 for them.,
Progressive has a front suspension spring replacement for front fork lowering $124.95.
G luck and keep us informed on what you find.

Tags
magician, rims, tires