Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #16

I am really liking the color combo on the Shark bikes! I am impartial to orange bikes, but the green/white combo is drawing me in...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-l.jpg (29.6 KB, 141 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Just found the BROZZ and the SHARK on powersportsmax.com. in the motorcycle section.

I'm a cheap ass and they charge $280 to deliver. That red Brozz tho. Im gonna wait and see how the dude from upstate New York on here likes his.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #18

The Brozz looks like the perfect CB to me. Depending on how easy it is to get to the Valves.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
I'm a cheap ass and they charge $280 to deliver. That red Brozz tho. Im gonna wait and see how the dude from upstate New York on here likes his.
I couldn't imagine it is 'bad' in any way. The only 2 downsides I see that might prevent others from the bike are the 19"/17" wheels, and the drum brakes. To me, the wheel sizing is a neutral issue (I am sure the more common 21"/18" combo makes it somewhat easier to find tires, but I am sure 19" front and 16" tires can be found), and the drum brakes, while a 'step backwards' is a plus in my opinion. All my Chinabikes' rear disc brakes have had issues (I have had 3 enduros now).

So, I don't believe we will hear anything negative from SANY, other than most any issues found with Chinabikes in general (little things that snap and break).

A few months ago, member 'Evelyn' successfully rode her Storm from Utah to Brooklyn, New York with nary an issue (she bought it assembled, but did do a couple mechanical things with it before her ride thanks to helpful Bashan members here on Chinariders). Other than that, the Israeli tourist made it with no major issues from what I remember. She even bungie corded bags to the bike, rather than finding some aftermarket panniers.

Again, I doubt there will be major issues with SANY's Brozz.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I couldn't imagine it is 'bad' in any way. The only 2 downsides I see that might prevent others from the bike are the 19"/17" wheels, and the drum brakes. To me, the wheel sizing is a neutral issue (I am sure the more common 21"/18" combo makes it somewhat easier to find tires, but I am sure 19" front and 16" tires can be found), and the drum brakes, while a 'step backwards' is a plus in my opinion. All my Chinabikes' rear disc brakes have had issues (I have had 3 enduros now).

So, I don't believe we will hear anything negative from SANY, other than most any issues found with Chinabikes in general (little things that snap and break).

A few months ago, member 'Evelyn' successfully rode her Storm from Utah to Brooklyn, New York with nary an issue (she bought it assembled, but did do a couple mechanical things with it before her ride thanks to helpful Bashan members here on Chinariders). Other than that, the Israeli tourist made it with no major issues from what I remember. She even bungie corded bags to the bike, rather than finding some aftermarket panniers.

Again, I doubt there will be major issues with SANY's Brozz.
Well said.

I also think about the gallon gas can carriers on the rear foot pegs on the eve bike.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #21

I wonder if the $1500 Brozz from peace is actually the older version without inverted forks like in the pictures or they'd ship the newer version? I'd call and ask but I'm sure they don't have a clue or would just tell you what you want to hear.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #22

Quote:
I wonder if the $1500 Brozz from peace is actually the older version without inverted forks like in the pictures or they'd ship the newer version? I'd call and ask but I'm sure they don't have a clue or would just tell you what you want to hear.
Peace was the distributor a couple years ago. On mychinamoto, the Bashan rep chimed in to a Bashan related thread (I believe we were discussing the new for the time Storm, Will, Blaze, etc). He showed off the Brozz. I PM'd him back and forth, and he told me he was going to meet with a few distributors, including Peace.

I believe Peace was trying to MSRP their bikes for the $2200 range via dealers, and none showed up on mail-order sites, so I bet they are sitting a several bikes that never sold due to the rest of the Bashan lineup underselling them via discount online dealers.

That is why I guessed they are selling older units that they are sitting on, rather than getting new ones from Jass Motorsports. You will probably not get a clear answer, however...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Peace was the distributor a couple years ago. On mychinamoto, the Bashan rep chimed in to a Bashan related thread (I believe we were discussing the new for the time Storm, Will, Blaze, etc). He showed off the Brozz. I PM'd him back and forth, and he told me he was going to meet with a few distributors, including Peace.

I believe Peace was trying to MSRP their bikes for the $2200 range via dealers, and none showed up on mail-order sites, so I bet they are sitting a several bikes that never sold due to the rest of the Bashan lineup underselling them via discount online dealers.

That is why I guessed they are selling older units that they are sitting on, rather than getting new ones from Jass Motorsports. You will probably not get a clear answer, however...
Yeah, I would just have to gamble and take the risk if I buy it from them. For $1500 its hard to imagine its the newer version.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #24

Is it me or does the green bike shown above look like a Storm with a Hawk/TT250 headlight and regular forks?
If this was mentioned earlier, my apologies.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #25

On a side note, it looks like the illusive "Storm" is available again.

I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the Shark and Brozz, myself.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 09-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Is it me or does the green bike shown above look like a Storm with a Hawk/TT250 headlight and regular forks?
If this was mentioned earlier, my apologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
On a side note, it looks like the illusive "Storm" is available again.

I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the Shark and Brozz, myself.
Where is the Storm available, out of curiosity? I, personally, am leaning towards the Brozz because I like the name , but I like the color scheme on the Shark.

I am happy to see both as coming with rear racks.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #27

I copied and pasted this video from member 'SANY's' introduction thread per suggestion by member 'motorcyclelove' since this thread is probably more appropriate.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Last edited by culcune; 09-12-2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Adding in explanation/disclaimer

Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Where is the Storm available, out of curiosity? I, personally, am leaning towards the Brozz because I like the name , but I like the color scheme on the Shark.

Supposedly the super scooter store will have the storm in a couple weeks but they have been saying that for months...

Old 09-12-2016, 09:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Supposedly the super scooter store will have the storm in a couple weeks but they have been saying that for months...
I tried to buy one from them months ago and they told me it would be a "couple weeks". Dont hold your breath.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #30

Quote:

Sorry culcune, I guess I spaced posting the link..... Dang, and I ain't even drinkin right now! ;-)

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm

2009 Q Link XP 200