Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2023, 04:23 PM   #1

2023 KPX at reduced price from Venom.

I had almost decided to just be content with my TBR7, and Hawk, which I really am , but I just don't need 2 bikes just about alike, so I have decided to keep my Hawk, and let the 7 go. I just like the Hawk better, and even recently bought another Hawk, that I will just keep for future parts. I got it for $350 delivered to my house,after getting him down from $500,OBO,and the owner said it needed a rear tube, and battery , and it had sat for a year. I got all the paperwork work with it, and it's only showing around 700 on the odometer, but it's been through the ringer. It's got an aftermarket carb, pod filter, and full aftermarket exhaust, and the motor sounds good. It didn't even need a battery after all. I put my new battery from my TBR7 in it, and it wouldn't do anything, no neutral light, or anything, but after unplugging a connection with 2 light wires coming off the solinoid, and blowing dried mud off every it started right up, and started up good on the battery that came with it. I think the boy had probably tried charging it . The bike was stored inside, but has really been abused. The rims seem good from just looking at them, but the rear has a couple of loose spokes..I had always thought that I would keep the TBR7, and Hawk, and eventually probably end up using one, or the other for parts to keep the best one going, but now since I have a parts Hawk, I don't need to keep the 7.. I looked at a DRZ400, and it had a bad sound coming from the top end, and it smoked, and I don't like the weight of the KLR650s, but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on a KPX, because I thought as sure as I did ,I would see a great deal on a DRZ. Well today, I just went ahead and ordered a KPX, because Venom is selling 2023s for $2,899 and free shipping, and I wasn't charged tax, because I will be paying tax at the DMV. I had my choice between blue, green, and red, although they are all mostly white. I chose red. I think that with the warranty that they come with,that I made a pretty good choice.