Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #1

1969 Yamaha CTI 175 Enduro

They say that this is one of the (line of) bikes that brought us to the modern age of dual sporting and dirt biking. I know I've had multiple Yamaha Enduro's in my time, two that I "stripped' and raced MX with in my younger years. Rip off the lights and mirrors, add an expansion chamber and simply run a single wire between the magneto and coil (with a kill button in the middle) and VIOLA! Instant MX bike. It's all many of us had access to, especially with a lawn mowing income. A Penton (later KTM) or DKW at the time was far out of reach and prepped properly, you could actually compete on one of these.

I picked this up a couple years ago from a friend. I was hit with a giant slap of "nostalgia" when I saw it. It's complete, including the rear rack (and pad!) and still sporting the low front fender (which was usually immediately tossed and replace with a Preston Petty fender). The plan was to completely restore it, as it's an original 1969....but we all know how some plans go.

So, if you have any Yamaha Enduro stories, please feel free to share. If it wasn't for these bikes coming to America and opening so many doors to the young riders at the time, with such a versatile bike, Lord only knows how the motorcycle world may be different now.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.