Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

RPS now TaoTao ?

Is RickyPowerSports merging with TAOTAO? I see RPS has moved to the same city, address and building as TAOTAO

Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #2

No. We bought their warehouse.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #3

So it's just a realestate transaction,or did you absorb their inventory as well?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:02 AM   #4

That's funny! The owner of Excalibur told me when they first moved to their warehouse in Chino, Calif. it used to be Hensim's US headquarters (talk about coincidences with RPS, LOL). He said they had annoyed people coming to their shop who needed parts and such, but Hensim had left the building...er, the US

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
So it's just a realestate transaction,or did you absorb their inventory as well?
Just real estate, Taotao products are too cheap. Haosen's long-term plan is to be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha (maybe in ten or twenty years), so we are prioritizing quality over price.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Just real estate, Taotao products are too cheap. Haosen's long-term plan is to be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha (maybe in ten or twenty years), so we are prioritizing quality over price.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #7

From what I understand, even though Taotao is headquartered in Dallas, all their action is in Chino, Calif.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
"be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha" You don't even have control of who sells RPS products and how they advertise your products and you think your going to be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha Ricky Power Sports / RPS in nothing but a trading company and Haosen

Old 11-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy. View Post
"be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha" You don't even have control of who sells RPS products and how they advertise your products and you think your going to be the first Chinese Honda/Yamaha Ricky Power Sports / RPS in nothing but a trading company and Haosen
Kind of harsh. I vote for RPS. If CSC can do what they are doing I see no reason RPS could not do the same or even better if thats what they intend. I say more power to them.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Kind of harsh. I vote for RPS. If CSC can do what they are doing I see no reason RPS could not do the same or even better if thats what they intend. I say more power to them.
I wish all the best and power to RPS. It's just that RPS looks like a company that does not know what they want to be when they grow up and are now selling brands not built by Haosen, Acting like a trading company selling many brands to anyone.

RPS be a CSC, only time will tell, but I say CSC is years ahead of RPS in quality, service and support. RPS has Manny and SaferWholesale and the types . That is not how you build a Dealer network or get customer loyalty.

Also if Jen Cun Chi or Si Sun are still at RPS. I don't see any change. it's all about pushing product make that sale.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #11

Quote:
I wish all the best and power to RPS. It's just that RPS looks like a company that does not know what they want to be when they grow up and are now selling brands not built by Haosen, Acting like a trading company selling many brands to anyone.

RPS be a CSC, only time will tell, but I say CSC is years ahead of RPS in quality, service and support. RPS has Manny and SaferWholesale and the types . That is not how you build a Dealer network or get customer loyalty.

Also if Jen Cun Chi or Si Sun are still at RPS. I don't see any change. it's all about pushing product make that sale.
Iam with you with the time will tell part.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #12

Quote:

Again, a little too harsh on some areas but I do agree with some of what you wrote, too. SSR is a company that slaps their name on the products they sell, and they come from many sources, and have a good reputation to boot! I do think that RPS should do the same with their products--establish the RPS 'brand' name no matter who sources their products.

As far as retailers go--that is the name of the game. Saferwholesale have been good to a few members. Same with 'Manny'. No, not going to defend them, either, but both have been around a while now, so they must be doing something right for a majority of their customers. The point is, for any of these retailers, is that we on Chinariders generally want the lowest price possible, and that is the bottom line. CSC decided to try their own way, which is good, and combined with financing, have sold quite a few bikes. I bet RPS could have, and still can, go this route for their Hawk and Magician, if they wanted to--heck with all their products.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #13

culcune and Merlin you are both correct I was being to hash on RPS. Adam just got me going when he slammed TaoTao saying "TaoTao products are too cheap" I own TaoTao products and have had zero problems, gas and go. Just like our CSC bikes gas and go.

Like people say, you get what you pay for - buy cheap get cheap.

Also very disappointed at the direction Ricky Power Sports has been going. At one time way back I thought RPS was really going to be a power house China bike company.

Sorry about the harsh, will not do that any more and not post anything like that again.

Later,

Old 11-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #14

Constructive criticism can lead to great things--I wouldn't count them out...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150