Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2017, 07:29 PM   #1

new catagory for Hawk owners??

Whos with me make it easy for the new guys.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #2

Ricky Powersports has a forum for hawk owners don't they? Your should I say RPS

Old 01-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #3

It has worked out well for the RX3 bikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #4

even thought I'm here for my hawk, I look at all the sections, so it makes no difference to me.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #5

The dual sport/enduro section already pretty much is a Hondoid section, isn't it?
It would be nice is someone would show up with an SSR XF250 someday, like there used to be a number of Q Links and Konkers here. Mix it up a little.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
The dual sport/enduro section already pretty much is a Hondoid section, isn't it?
It would be nice is someone would show up with an SSR XF250 someday, like there used to be a number of Q Links and Konkers here. Mix it up a little.....
I sold my CSC TT250 and getting a SSR XF250. I don't think you will see many if any posts here the bike just works. Some of the riders in our group have the SSR XF250. It's a rock solid bike with a excellent engine. The bike cost more then a Hawk or the CSC, but worth the extra money. In my opinion, and I have had both a Hawk and CSC the SSR is a much better bike and still cost less then a bike from Japan or Europe.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #7

Tommy I think folks here would love any reports both good and bad as well as the mods you and your friends do

Old 01-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy. View Post
I sold my CSC TT250 and getting a SSR XF250. I don't think you will see many if any posts here the bike just works. Some of the riders in our group have the SSR XF250. It's a rock solid bike with a excellent engine. The bike cost more then a Hawk or the CSC, but worth the extra money. In my opinion, and I have had both a Hawk and CSC the SSR is a much better bike and still cost less then a bike from Japan or Europe.
Good points all around. My Q Link XP200 (now SSR) is an excellent quality bike that I'd put up against a Suzuki DR200 for quality and more advanced engineering at about half the price.
We also have a TT250 and love it....but like the other Hondoids, it still has some Old World engineering.....but it's also less expensive than the SSR.

Please start a new thread once you get it. It'll be neat to see something different. I'm still looking at an XF250....but I don't know if I'd ever sell Q.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #9

Yes, please post your XF250 experiences, tommy!

Member dh posts about his XF250 from time to time.

2LZ, how come we don't hear more about your Qlink? I know the answer lies somewhere between the TT250 and RX3--actually right between them, and you don't have time to ride it, but still...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Tommy I think folks here would love any reports both good and bad as well as the mods you and your friends do
sshevie, We do all of our riding in Michigan. It gives us every type of riding we like plus the laws are almost none and now they are going to open more roads to ride on soon,so if we stay off your M roads like M33 and others you don't even need a motorcycle license to ride around in Michigan

With the Hawk, the only mod was a carb change. Not a bad bike for the price and if the person is on a budget and can do some mechanic work go for it, but I would not call it a gas and go bike, you need to put some work into it.

The CSC TT250 needs no mods, just gas and go. It was a very good bike and for a person that does not want to wrench on a bike it to is a very good choice for the money.

SSR XF250 is just a better all round bike, but you pay more. I think it also has a Suzuki clone engine that is excellent. You ride a Hawk or the CSC and then take a ride on the SSR and you will say wow what a nice bike.

So to me SSR is worth the extra money. It's all about personal choice. I will say most in our group are going to the SSR.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:29 PM   #11

I think 2LZ just puts it up on lift the to look at the pretty bling forks on the Qlink. We used to have a dealer up here but he closed shop in 2009 after the gas prices went down. We have a SSR dealer but his business strategy is so wrong that I would never buy anything from him.

https://www.bismanonline.com/bismarc...es_huge_sale_9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2Lz.jpg (45.9 KB, 184 views)

Old 01-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #12

One of the things I've enjoyed about learning about the hawks on this forum is riders telling about receiving them setting them up doing mods as well as telling about the miles they put on them. I would also like to hear the same thing about all the brands and models that get purchased and ridden.
I'm glad you and your friends enjoy bombing around here in Michigan I'll be joining you all this spring.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:31 PM   #13

when I was getting back into riding I was pretty close to buying an SSR but I didn't like the look of the fatter rear tire. Although I' getting used to it. I could see myself with one in the future.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
I think 2LZ just puts it up on lift the to look at the pretty bling forks on the Qlink.
https://www.bismanonline.com/bismarc...es_huge_sale_9

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-31-2017, 10:48 AM   #15

Hey now! Hey now!....ok, so I'm kind of anal about how I keep my stuff.....

Actually, I haven't been riding anything since this Winter hit. It seems like it rains of snows every freaking weekend! I'll exercise them all up and down the road if weather permits, but mostly this time of year, something is on the rack getting a ton of TLC....like Q is right now for the new chain and sprocket. Also time for it's valve adjustment. Winter is code for "get wrenchin'"!

....and yes, culcune, Q is nothing less than a top quality bike. Look at the welds on the aluminum swingarm. Top quality stuff. Q's not given me a lick of trouble since it was new in 2009. It needed no modding, though of course, I can't leave well enough alone but it's wasn't much! You can get 5 extra HP out of these 200's (dyno proven) just by jetting and a muffler.

Pistolclass, I know what you mean about the fat tires. I'm not to keen on those either. I can see going with the supermoto version with street tires (like the old, very popular, XF200), I'm just not sure about how it would be in the dirt with only a 17 and 18 front.....and would you only be able to get those knobbie-type tires from SSR?

That was the main reason we chose the TT250 over the SSR XF250 for Mrs. 2LZ....and that was readily available support and parts. With SSR, I'd be banking on a local rent-a-garage "dealership" for parts...if they're open that day...and if they can order them. With CSC, I just "click" and wait for the mailman. What the TT250 lacks in areas of design compared to the SSR XF250, it more than makes up for in service and support.
That's my only regret with Q now that Q Link is defunct, if I can't find the Suzuki part, I'm not sure where to get any....

Tommy, the XF250 has the Suzuki TU250 engine. Whether it's a clone or the real deal is up in the air. Supposedly, my Q Link 200 motor (a DR 125 lower end with a 200cc cylinder) is made at the same Chinese factory where they make motors for Suzuki, and small Kawasaki and KTM motors.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.