Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
I went for a very good run on the beast today. Needs some alignment tweaks but for the most part runs very well.

It may be of interest to some that my Performance carb came with the clip in the very bottom location. Based on my reading this site, before I installed the carb I took the clip to the middle then 1/2 hour later up one more...so second from top. Ran like crap would hardly accelerate and no idle. Finaly in frustration Put it back to the lowest location and 3 minutes of carb adjustment later the machine ran perfect.

Waynec
Hey waynec, thats good to know, really. I was all primed (har har) to move the clip as well, but after drilling the airbox and fooling with the carb a little it started running and starting just peachy, but it was always in the back of my mind..."what if I move the clip up a notch or two?"

It just dropped off my list, thanks!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #17

Hi Pete

Just put my new exhaust on and quite like it. I did not have to adjust the carb ..but...after reading postings about the carb adjustment and how many turns etc..it got me wondering where my setting was for # of turns so i checked it. I'm almost 5 turns out from a seated position. Pretty sure I read someplace that after about 2.5 you should be changing the jet. I do not plan to because the bike runs great but I am not close to most other settings I guess.

The exhaust sound is not really louder..just a little more throaty in a 'high end' kind of way. Much better imo.

waynec