Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #1

beast limited edition

I just noticed this on the Gio site. Looks like our machines....all the upgrades included I mean...but with bigger wheels.

I also notice there seem to be no....or very few.. auctions right now on any t3's, beasts or this limited edition machine......waynec

Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #2

Yeah, i just looked at it too, looks like a beast with a better looking body, upgraded shocks and muffler ( even though i thought the performance muffler was crap, monster muffler is way better ), and the big benefit, front disc brakes.
Being limited edition i'm not sure we'll see too many on auction unless they don't sell good at the listed price. I like it though, but i think my money would be on a T3 if i were looking.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #3

Hey waynec, haven't seen you in a while, welcome back!

Isn't it funny how I just happened on the Gio site today, for the first time in a while, and noticed the new Beast. Looks like the front end is a bit different to my eye (suspension).

No money for new toys here but interested to know more about them. Perhaps someone will buy one and make their way to this forum to share pictures and stories.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #4

that is one nice ride :twisted:

Old 04-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #5

also looks like this bike has a different frame then the other beast (same frame as t3 i think)

Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #6

I think it looks good too, using up some of their performance parts .

Old 04-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #7

New styling on the GIO ads on this site too... Everything's getting an upgrade!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #8

Looks pretty sweet. Hope they put some on auction though, be interesting to see what they go for. Although on the one hand the T3 might be the better idea, but the beast is familiar to work with.

The foot area is the part I'm happy with, I wish they sold those guards to put on the vanilla beast... if they'd fit.

Looking at it some more, I don't see why the new body wouldn't fit on the old ones. They said no on the site, but I'm thinking it would be fairly easy.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #9

Hey Turbo......thx.....i follow the posts all the time.....just haven't had much to offer. My Beast is a devil to start in the cold so the few times in the winter I was inclined to go for a rip it just was not worth the hassle.
It does not take much snow to stop the Beast cold..so I was a little amused with those who have questioned putting a plow on it. Not a chance.
I am still trying to tweak my alignment. Steering still wants to dart here and there. As a result I am envious of the larger wheels on the t3 and that limited edition. I think that would improve the control big time. I don't see the larger wheels for sale or on auction though......waynec

Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Hey Turbo......thx.....i follow the posts all the time.....just haven't had much to offer. My Beast is a devil to start in the cold so the few times in the winter I was inclined to go for a rip it just was not worth the hassle.
It does not take much snow to stop the Beast cold..so I was a little amused with those who have questioned putting a plow on it. Not a chance.
I am still trying to tweak my alignment. Steering still wants to dart here and there. As a result I am envious of the larger wheels on the t3 and that limited edition. I think that would improve the control big time. I don't see the larger wheels for sale or on auction though......waynec
Mine likes to dart as well. I've tried all different kinds of alignment and it hasn't made a huge difference. I think on mine part of the problem might be that the steering seems tight/binding? I have to turn the handlebars back to centre. On my sons Mini-Beast the handlebars are easy to move, and it seems to self centre on it's own. His also doesn't exhibit the darting. I'm going to try to loosen (?) the steering this spring and see if it clears up the problem.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Including their shipping costs again, won a 110cc mini atv the other day for a friend, took 4 days til i could win his second one, in that time the shipping had gone up another $10 each.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Including their shipping costs again, won a 110cc mini atv the other day for a friend, took 4 days til i could win his second one, in that time the shipping had gone up another $10 each.
Wow! I hadn't checked in a while. I did notice shipping was up about the start of this year. Always wondered if it's UPS setting those costs or if they're inflated to cover profit margins on the auctions.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #13

Yeah, i used to buy tons of small items because the combined shipping was worth it, now i rarely buy anything extra to fill an order, a $2.00 item comes out to almost $20 now.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Yeah, i used to buy tons of small items because the combined shipping was worth it, now i rarely buy anything extra to fill an order, a $2.00 item comes out to almost $20 now.
Yeah I was going to buy another 110cc perf. exhaust and a few other items but I've been holding off because I just feel like I'm getting raped on shipping.

I sent some documents to our corporate lawyer on a same day rush service and it cost me $9. They picked it up in the AM and delivered the same day. Now I know documents aren't heavy or bulky but $17 for shipping to me when I could drive there in 30 minutes, bit dissapointing. Shipping for the same item was $9 last year.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #15

And on the opposite side, i organized a bulk fuel buy for our RC airplane club, we ended up buying 108 gallons of fuel which is 27 four gallon boxes, buying that 800lb palette of fuel the shipping ended up being free, from edmonton alberta to london ontario. Now that i like mucho grande, and the best part is the fuel price was extremly low already.