Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I think I have an understanding of the issue. Certain credit card companies have been getting hit with charge backs and people haven't been returning the merchandise. The company that process credit cards for APSCUSA, has stopped taking payment from that/those companies. Using a different credit card may work, just make sure it is a card from a different issuer.
Good news! I just spent a bit under an hour at my bank, where I learned the following:

1: Everything is kosher; my money will be refunded soon (~24hrs)
2: There were several people affected in the same way
3: APSCUSA has switched credit processing companies
4: The new processing company is currently working
5: When my $ is refunded, I can reorder the same bike and all should be well (or just order now and have faith that the original $1,500 will be returned).
6: Ulster Savings Bank is awesome as it was ten years ago, from teller to branch manager!

Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #17

Quote:
I think I have an understanding of the issue. Certain credit card companies have been getting hit with charge backs and people haven't been returning the merchandise. The company that process credit cards for APSCUSA, has stopped taking payment from that/those companies. Using a different credit card may work, just make sure it is a card from a different issuer.

I am affected by this too...I called my CC today, which is Chase...They said no issues on their end, and Don has been paid. I'm not entirely sure what's up, but he has issued me a refund too, and he is still shipping today he claims. But there is no sign of a refund yet, although it take a few days to show up. He told me not to do anything til I get the refund, so he's not trying to scam me or anything. I don't fully understand what's going on, but it seems par for the course!!

Old 03-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #18

Can you guys shed any more light on this situation? I am also affected by this and have yet to receive my refund. I have spoken to Don multiple times. He said he sent a refund but the Bank says a refund has not been issued. I went with APSCUSA because of the good reviews on this site but now I am extremely concerned that I have been mixed up in a scam.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #19

Same here, im still waiting on my refund. I called my CC company today and there is no pending refund. I was told once he refunds it, it would post in a matter of minutes. So far today, I've called twice and left messages with other employees regarding the issue and both times I've been told Don would call me back. To add insult to injury, the bike is setting at the terminal in Indianapolis waiting... if Don ever calls me back, I'll give an update.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolocs View Post
Can you guys shed any more light on this situation? I am also affected by this and have yet to receive my refund. I have spoken to Don multiple times. He said he sent a refund but the Bank says a refund has not been issued. I went with APSCUSA because of the good reviews on this site but now I am extremely concerned that I have been mixed up in a scam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselrunner View Post
Same here, im still waiting on my refund. I called my CC company today and there is no pending refund. I was told once he refunds it, it would post in a matter of minutes. So far today, I've called twice and left messages with other employees regarding the issue and both times I've been told Don would call me back. To add insult to injury, the bike is setting at the terminal in Indianapolis waiting... if Don ever calls me back, I'll give an update.

I just built a new computer, which was great. Then I checked my email and read both of your situations... not so great. If I don't get a refund by closing time tomorrow, I'm just going to have my bank cancel the transaction. So far so good, eh?

Old 03-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #21

New Email: Call Your Banks

I got an email from Don; looks like I get to skip a day of waiting and go get the transaction cancelled. A new card too, I think. My first online purchase using a real card instead of PayPal. *sigh* Oh well, at least I'm out of Limbo. I'll keep you updated; best of luck to you all as well!
Here is the complete email, only my name is changed.

"American Product Sales Center (APSC)
234 North Maple Street
Adamsville, TN. 38310
Tel. 731-632-3222 Fax 731-632-3233
web site: www.apscusa.com
Sales & Service Center Hours;
Monday thru Friday 9:00 am till 6:00 pm CST
After Hours: 731-412-2555 or 731-798-0497

Dear Sexiest Man Alive ,
Below is the credit card settlement report we received from authorize.net in regards to the refunds I requested this past Thursday March 16, 2017. After speaking with authorize.net this morning, and our merchant credit card processor netpaybankcard.com at 3:20 pm this afternoon, they suggested I contact my refunded customers and ask them to forward the refund receipt that was sent to them from authorize.net, to their bank (If it was a Debit Card) or their credit card provider. This will allow your cc or bank to demand the refunded payments to be placed back on your card or into your checking account.

We do know that one of these credit/debit card purchases was placed with a stolen card, this was reported by First Data in conjunction with Chase Bank. They have not revealed the name nor card account of this person. First Data, in cooperation with netpaybankcard.com, closed our merchant account to ensure no further fraudulent charges could be attempted (This is similar to a person debiting a checking account with a fraudulent made check. Account would be closed to avoid any further checks being presented to the account). I apologize again for the problems this has caused and assure you it was out of our control. The increase in security be taken by cc processors and bank is to ensure every card holders protection, even when it creates stress. Thank You and feel free to have your credit card provider or bank to contact us with any additional information or documentation needed.

Sincerely,

Don Hopper

----- Original Message -----
To: GREGORY HOPPER
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 7:07 PM
Subject: Failed Credit Card Settlement Report.

Your Authorize.Net Gateway ID: 1826160
Merchant Name: AFFORDABLE POWERSPORTS SALES COMPANY INC

Dear Merchant:

On Friday, March 17, 2017, while attempting to settle a batch of
transactions for your payment gateway account, the system encountered an
unanticipated error. This error prevented the batch of transactions from
being settled.

It appears that this error resulted from an improper account configuration
with the processing network, FDC.

This also may be caused by inactivity on your account, or because your MSP
has closed your account at the processor.

1. Please contact your Merchant Service Provider for help updating or
correcting your processor account.

(If you need help contacting your Merchant Service Provider, you can
contact Authorize.Net Merchant Support.)

2. Once the error has been addressed by your Merchant Service Provider, it
is very important that you contact Authorize.Net Merchant Support to
indicate that the error has been fixed.

3. At that point, we will resend the transactions from the errored batch
for settlement.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Authorize.Net Customer Support

For further questions, please contact Authorize.Net Merchant Support.
Support is available to answer your questions by phone at (877) 447-3938,
24 hours a day, 7 days a week (closed major holidays). Please have your
Gateway ID available when you contact us.

Thank You,
Authorize.Net

*** You received this email because you chose to be a Credit Card Report
recipient. You may change your email options by logging into the Merchant
Interface. Click on Settings and Profile in the Main Menu, and select
Manage Contacts from the General section. To edit a contact, click the
Edit link next to the contact that you would like to edit. Under Email
Types, select or deselect the Email types you would like to receive. Click
Submit to save any changes. Please do not reply to this email.

Last edited by KingPrimusIII; 03-20-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot the last bit

Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #22

Yes sir, sounds familiar indeed. He failed to return my calls today. I am extremely worried here an the Mrs is even more anxious than myself. The CC company is advising me to file a fraud complaint if nothing is seen pending by the end of the work day tomorrow. Don had excellent customer service at first. I was really confident in my purchase AT FIRST. Im losing faith. It just really sucks because i have been planning this purchase for over a year.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #23

So I can not cancel my purchase because Don has already received his funds. I have opened a dispute. I am very disappointed in this transaction. I thought I was buying from a reputable dealer but turns out I got robbed.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #24

Quote:
So I can not cancel my purchase because Don has already received his funds. I have opened a dispute. I am very disappointed in this transaction. I thought I was buying from a reputable dealer but turns out I got robbed.
Don wont rip you off. It will work out.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #25

Man I hope you are right. I just don't know at this point. He seemed like a pretty stand up guy at first.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #26

Don has never ripped off anyone. It might take little longer but you will be fine.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #27

Quote:
It's not Don or APSCUSA. It is the company they were using to process their credit card transactions.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #28

I purchased from Don and he made it right even though the shipper admitting damaged my kids go kart. Don send the parts at his own expense while I duked it out with UPS.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #29

Quote:
It's not Don or APSCUSA. It is the company they were using to process their credit card transactions.

This is exactly right. Don's not going to screw us...Actually he can't. The credit card companies will protect us If he tried, which he is NOT trying.

I don't know all the details but it sounds like the company who was processing Dons credit card & debit card purchases was screwing him so he is switching to a different processor.

I called my card tonight and asked them to force the refund that Don has already issues last Thursday, so now the pressure will be on the processor to actually give the refund. The processor can jerk Don around a little bit, but they can't jerk Chase Card Services around, or they won't be processing squat.

Hang tight, buy your stuff you're going to need for assembly. Your new fork oil, motor oil, Locktite and everything else, and I bet this will be resolved very quickly!

My Enforcer was ordered and paid for on March 9th so I'm as anxious as anyone, but I do have faith in Don!!

Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #30

Well, strangely enough I received the enforcer today. My understanding was it would be held at the terminal till the whole credit processing thing was resolved.