Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 03:52 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Hmmm... I have an old 12" tripod around here somewhere. I let my son play with it since I never used it. Now I gotta dig it up and find an ingenious method of mounting it like you did.

Thanks for the pictures. Maybe I can do this over the weekend and post my boring riding for nights when people need help falling asleep.
(You video was good, not boring ). The places that I ride are pretty lame right now.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #17

Blimpman: There are lots of fields and such and I hear bikes in the distance once in a while. Also, there is one private moto-x track just across the field from me...I think I hear him riding now. There use to be a nice little place off Rt 306 just north of Aurora but it has been about 10 years since I was there.
We used to go to Bear Creek until they shut it down, then we raced for a while...then came children. Have you ever been to Wellsville?

Old 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDave
Blimpman: There are lots of fields and such and I hear bikes in the distance once in a while. Also, there is one private moto-x track just across the field from me...I think I hear him riding now. There use to be a nice little place off Rt 306 just north of Aurora but it has been about 10 years since I was there.
We used to go to Bear Creek until they shut it down, then we raced for a while...then came children. Have you ever been to Wellsville?
The first picture I posted is the road into that area off of 306... An old gravel pit. It is overgrown but there is still ridable trails. The other one is at Thorpe and Crackle rd in Aurora. You can't just go down Crackle from 306 to get to it because the road does not go thru. I'll post a map or just PM for it you if you want.

Went to Wellsville this spring. Rode down there on my KLR The ATV's & 4wheelers have torn that place to shreds... It is full of 5 foot deep ruts and real muddy. The trails are difficult for novice riders. I had stock tires and was riding alone without a GPS so I didn't venture real far into the area. I'd go if someone wants to go with me.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #19

Blimpman: Thanks, I would like to see the map. Is it privately owned?
I am thinking about trying to come up with an cheap, offroad worthy dual-sport next year. With my kids still little it would be great to have a place to piddle that didn't take all day.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #20

Here are some maps from Google. The area looks to be unkept and abandoned for a long time. Saw a guy on a quad once but that is all. Everytime we were there we had it to ourselves. Looks to be about 50 acres.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #21

Hi DaddyDave
Welcome...Bruce here from Endless Journey Cycles in Mantua, OH. I am a local American Lifan Dealer & Redcat Dealer. I have been selling the Redcat quads for a year now & Lifan Motorcycles since March of this year. My shop is only about a half hour drive from where you live...you might want to stop out & take a look at the bikes. Don't {map} me as it does not come up correctly...it puts me a half mile south of my shop.
There are plenty of places to ride still you mainly need permission from the landowner. I know of the places that Blimpman is talking about they are right down the road from me. Wellsville is a mess from what I've heard not just from quads but from Rail Buggies & 4x4 Trucks Dune Buggies etc. riding down there. That's Ok from what I understand Wellsville is being Closed. They are going to start mining the land again & a buddy of mine told me on another part they are going to use it for a Landfill. I am finding more riding places, you just need to know someone to gop riding on most of the land.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #22

ejcycles: Hi Bruce, I stopped last week and looked at your Redcats...found this site about a day later. I am considering a dual sport too.