Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

Vader - Body graphics

So I've been playing around with some reflective vinyl wrap. I used 3M Tape Primer 94 to prep the surface before applying the vinyl wrap.

It reminds me of the San Francisco Chargers color scheme back in the day.

If others have changed the look of their bike, post some pics!

Old 06-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #2

Most excellent, now you have to stripe the helmet.
2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades

Old 06-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #3

I like the idea of the reflective vinyl wrap. High visibility for night time riding. I been looking into the reflective black tape for the rims and swing arm just for that. The black won't be noticeable during the day but great for night.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #4

haha. yeah, it doesn't match my bike. but I don't think it would look right with a yellow strip going down the center. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Mechanic View Post
Most excellent, now you have to stripe the helmet.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #5

the rim tape is starting to fall off, I will have to redo and use the primer on the surface.

Yes, it definitely increases visibility of the bike at night. I paid about $34 for a large piece of the vinyl wrap on Amazon, but you can get really cheap highly reflective tape on wish.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I like the idea of the reflective vinyl wrap. High visibility for night time riding. I been looking into the reflective black tape for the rims and swing arm just for that. The black won't be noticeable during the day but great for night.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:21 PM   #6

I like the rim tape the best. Looks cool and I bet it looks really cool at night.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #7

OH boy I've been waiting for this thread.

Name:  IMG_20170506_193639.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  102.9 KB

Nothing special. Just some plasti dip on a dirty bike. This was before the crash, so it's not this pretty at the moment, but after I get her fixed up and dipped, I'll wash her off and take some nicer photos. I do really like the color I went with, but just a heads up for anyone wanting to mimic, it looks better in the pictures, as I'm sure most plasti dip does.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #8

prismways, I like the look of yours. A shame the rim tape is coming off. If you don't mind me asking, what front blinkers and tail light are you using? I have new ones of both coming in. Mine are aftermarket grom parts, but your taillight looks different than what I've seen.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #9

I really like the yellow color! Is that the stock color? They didn't offer that when I bought mine. I even thought about painting mine that color.

So for the front, I have 2 sets of blinkers. One is the round eagle eye that is a 10w super bright LED:

https://www.wish.com/c/584e63467d5e804f0cb30797

and the other one is a forward facing standard blinker:

https://www.wish.com/c/54c0cb9839b8c06f4db33220

for the rear, I went with this cafe racer style blinker / stop light setup.

https://www.wish.com/c/5901ca56bc186519c2b04c47

btw, I've installed this brake light strobe accessory and it's great. It flashes really fast for 2 seconds, then slower for 3 seconds and then goes solid for the remainder as long as you have your brakes applied. works great! I have it installed on my car center brake light too.

https://www.wish.com/c/56779ff0520ccc2815cd8ce4

Since the bike's blinker is silent, I installed this loud beeping device so that it would remind me that the blinkers are on. Even though it is a continuous speaker, the sound will alternate due to the blinker alternating. Very loud, you will not forget to turn off your blinkers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121693434878...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will send an updated picture when I restore the rim tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So Mild View Post
prismways, I like the look of yours. A shame the rim tape is coming off. If you don't mind me asking, what front blinkers and tail light are you using? I have new ones of both coming in. Mine are aftermarket grom parts, but your taillight looks different than what I've seen.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #10

No, it's not stock, I plasti dipped the whole thing. Stock color was blue, and if you zoom in on some of the bolts, especially around the headlight, you'll see the plasti dip sticking to the bolts. This time around I'm going to use rubber washers or o-rings to try and prevent that.

I'm really liking your tail light. I'm starting to consider returning mine and grabbing one similar to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
I really like the yellow color! Is that the stock color? They didn't offer that when I bought mine. I even thought about painting mine that color.

So for the front, I have 2 sets of blinkers. One is the round eagle eye that is a 10w super bright LED:

https://www.wish.com/c/584e63467d5e804f0cb30797

and the other one is a forward facing standard blinker:

https://www.wish.com/c/54c0cb9839b8c06f4db33220

for the rear, I went with this cafe racer style blinker / stop light setup.

https://www.wish.com/c/5901ca56bc186519c2b04c47

[omitted]

Old 06-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #11

Interesting! I just looked it up. So it's like spray paint, but different.

Didn't even know about this. Learned something new today. I will keep this in mind if I decide to go in a different direction for color.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So Mild View Post
No, it's not stock, I plasti dipped the whole thing. Stock color was blue, and if you zoom in on some of the bolts, especially around the headlight, you'll see the plasti dip sticking to the bolts. This time around I'm going to use rubber washers or o-rings to try and prevent that.

I'm really liking your tail light. I'm starting to consider returning mine and grabbing one similar to yours.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #12

Thumbs Up Nice

Quote:
It reminds me of the San Francisco Chargers color scheme back in the day.
If others have changed the look of their bike, post some pics!
Great looking bike, I really like the color combination.
But I think you meant to say the color scheme reminded you of the "San Diego Chargers" team colors.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #13

Haha! You're right. As you can tell, football is not my thing. I only watch the superbowl and primarily as a social event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Great looking bike, I really like the color combination.
But I think you meant to say the color scheme reminded you of the "San Diego Chargers" team colors.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #14

So here are some updated pictures with the vinyl graphics at night.

I got a new LED backed Autobot emblem. It looks pretty neat. Just saw the new Transformer movie - the Last Knight and I actually thought it was pretty good.

I also applied a yellow film to my low beams. It doesn't look too bad. Everybody has super white LED nows.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #15

Quote:
So here are some updated pictures with the vinyl graphics at night.

I got a new LED backed Autobot emblem. It looks pretty neat. Just saw the new Transformer movie - the Last Knight and I actually thought it was pretty good.

[Omitted]
That reflective vinyl looks really good. I've never messed with the stuff, do the pictures look like the bike in person? I understand you need light reflecting off of it, but I think it'd be cool to find some way to incorporate some into my bike. Me and some buddies usually do our riding at night since the summers are so hot where we live, so that'd help make my bike pop out a little bit. I'm always worried somebody won't see my tiny bike and run me off the road.