Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 03-01-2017, 06:02 AM   #1

Park Neutral Switch Error - P0850

My check engine light came red some time back. When i checked the blinker, it suggested error P0850 which means Park neutral switch error.

So basically my neutral switch has malfunctioned as now my bike accepts the self even in gear. and gives a jerk like small bikes. how shall i fix it?

Old 08-31-2019, 07:59 PM   #2

Anybody know what this error code actually is? My engine light has come on with this code, but i don't really understand what the problem is. Nothing unusual is happening with the bike other than the light.

(Oh, and vintage bump straight outta 2k17)

Old 08-31-2019, 11:12 PM   #3

Is this the RX3?

I found " GP or Clutch lever switch circuit malfunction"

gear position or clutch lever switch signal feedback is not
active in continuous by 20 times in fully power down cycles, the
code 0850 is indicated.
(Fully power down cycle : Ignition switch “ON” “OFF” position)
DETECTED ITEM
DETECTED FAILURE CONDITION
CHECK FOR
MALFUNCTION
CODE
ISC Error
Gear position or clutch lever switch, wiring / coupler connection,
gearshift cam etc.

That is on another bike tho, yet I suspect codes to be pretty generic in the Delphi bike EFI

Old 09-01-2019, 06:17 PM   #4

Hmm, I've short circuited the clutch switch, maybe the ECU finally noticed the clutch hasn't been let out in months.

Old 11-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #5

adding to this because I just had the same issue. RX4, bypassed clutch switch for the aliexpress levers. riding in the rain today the check engine light comes on, throws code 0850. a general search for delphi and the code shows it as a parking/clutch switch issue. i reset the ECU and the code is gone and stayed gone. I'm guessing in another month or two the ECU will notice I haven't pressed the clutch switch and i will have to do it again.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:26 PM   #6

I tried the AliExpress levers but the clutch side simply would not line up correctly. If I got the pivot pin installed the lever did not fully mesh up with the housing. This was frustrating because I ordered from two different sources, each claiming to fit the RX4, neither did. At least I spent so little $$ the loss was insignificant. Anyone want the levers? Maybe you can make them work. they are supposed to fit the RX3 too.

Old 11-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by legonas View Post
adding to this because I just had the same issue. RX4, bypassed clutch switch for the aliexpress levers. riding in the rain today the check engine light comes on, throws code 0850. a general search for delphi and the code shows it as a parking/clutch switch issue. i reset the ECU and the code is gone and stayed gone. I'm guessing in another month or two the ECU will notice I haven't pressed the clutch switch and i will have to do it again.
Correct, it's due to the fact that you haven't shimmed the clutch lever boss/tab that lets out the clutch switch when you pull in the clutch lever. This lets the ECU know that you have the clutch disengaged and it is safe to start the engine, even if it is in gear. The AliExpress levers do not make contact with that switch at all, whether pulled in or let out, so the ECU thinks you always have the clutch lever pulled in, which eventually throws a code after so many start/stop cycles. In addition to throwing the P0850, it also means that the bike can be started in gear even if the clutch lever is not pulled in. This can be bad or good, depending upon what you want from the starter in relation to how you use the bike. On the street, it would be bad more or less; in the dirt it can come in handy to help you clear obstacles without slipping the clutch a ton, instead just bump the starter switch with the engine off for a quick assist.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:21 AM   #8

P0850 Fault on Twist and Go 125

Iv'e just had this fault come up on a twist and go scooter.
Pin 18 which is the Neutral connector i believe on the ECU Grey connector isn't even connected to anything which makes sense as there is no Neutral switch.
Tried clearing it but it wont go away.
Any Ideas ?.