Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Replacement lithium battery for TT250

My TT250 battery finally kicked the bucket, decided to spend the extra money and go with a lithium replacement, This battery is smaller but comes with included adhesive foam spacers that make it fit perfectly in the battery tray.
Works great so far, and is much lighter, hopefully it lasts!

WPS Featherweight Lithium Battery HJTZ5S-FP-IL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DX894B2

Old 04-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #2

Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted on it please.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #3

Man, wish I would have seen this last week. Our TT250 battery died and I did the Wally World battery for damn near as much money.
I have a lithium in my white RX3. At first I was leery about it. Every Winter, my L/A batteries always give me problems, even sometimes with float chargers. The white bike just sits there and it fires right up when it's freezing and snowing outside, hooked up to nothing.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #4

Is it a 2 yr warranty? if so pretty good, I always open up sealed, agm's or what not, add distilled, charge the snot out of em and test from there. I've brought back several cheapy UPS's from thrift stores for PC's, etc. Lithium is gr8 tho. the GRAPHENE one's are coming.
I am also playing with soldering up a bunch of 18650's too.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Man, wish I would have seen this last week. Our TT250 battery died and I did the Wally World battery for damn near as much money.
I have a lithium in my white RX3. At first I was leery about it. Every Winter, my L/A batteries always give me problems, even sometimes with float chargers. The white bike just sits there and it fires right up when it's freezing and snowing outside, hooked up to nothing.
2LZ I can't believe how much the Wally World(and auto parts store) Batteries have shot up in price. Amazon still has the cheap sealed lead acid batteries though which I am now using. My SSR came with a Lithium battery that only lasted for a couple of years and I bet this was because there is nothing on an old school China Bike charging system to prevent overcharging which lithium batteries need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 05-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
2LZ I can't believe how much the Wally World(and auto parts store) Batteries have shot up in price. Amazon still has the cheap sealed lead acid batteries though which I am now using. My SSR came with a Lithium battery that only lasted for a couple of years and I bet this was because there is nothing on an old school China Bike charging system to prevent overcharging which lithium batteries need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Holy crap! That's dirt cheap! I'm really getting tired of spending big bucks on batteries that last a couple years. Granted, that's probably my fault. Too many toys, not enough time so they sit most of the time. Even on float chargers, they've crapped out.
Seriously thinking of thinning the herd.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350