Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2022, 04:48 PM   #1

Exclamation xpro titan 250cc having trouble staying started/not starting

I recently have changed the oil and put in a kinda new battery for my x pro 250cc titian before that it wasnt running after doing thati had got it started a few times after kicking it but realized my gel battery with the voltage meter wasnt going up while jumping the bike and giving gas but also noticed jumping the bike with a pack kept the bike running until i took it off but im not sure if its possibly a battery issue,stator issue,or a vacum leak because of the small gap in the boots seal… the battery goes dead after a few kicks ive been trickle charging with a noco 15000 and it seems to charge it to fast but gets it over 12.5v i got s noco 1 today its a moto battery charger but im not sure if that would fix the issue the engine is running so i feel like im close to figuring it out im not sure if it would be the wire harness or the cdi considering the lights starter/killstart switch works…if anyone has any idea what the issue would be please any information towards fixing my xpro titan 250 would be more than appreciated!

Old 03-17-2022, 06:12 PM   #2

I'm not sure about the electrical piece, but can say that mine also didn't like to stay started when I first got it. Valve adjustment helped a bit but what really made the difference was being able to increase the pilot jet with a new carb (vm26). The bike runs pretty lean from the factory and changing the carb with new pilot and main really helped things especially during idle. Before I'd need to hold the throttle a couple minutes before she would idle on her own and now can start with choke and then quickly flip to no choke and she will idle fine and not stall. Hope that helps

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Tags
battery, dirtbikes, dual sport enduro, electrical issue